Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
The post will be responsible for project managing all aspects of photography in their portfolio of programmes, including early discussion with stakeholders regarding company and co-producer requirements and timelines, managing the relationship with Production to ensure they can deliver photography to suit our brief and the provision of images at various stages through the programme production cycle and beyond to support all businesses.
• To liaise, as necessary, with Production and other picture areas in ORGANISATION and to assess the photo opportunities and devise creative strategies, ensuring "picture wish lists" are incorporated into filming schedules, wherever applicable.
• To regularly review and monitor photography during filming providing feedback to production and all stakeholders.
• To liaise with all relevant stakeholders (i.e. Brands, Licensing, marketing teams, press office, regional sales teams) to ensure all photography requirements are reflected in the delivered photography.
• To advise production staff of photography requirements and their contractual obligations.
• To manage the early and final delivery of photography assets from Production to meet all co-producer requirements and timelines.
• Edit photography to meet the pictorial needs of Worldwide and its clients, in collaboration with the Marketing & Brand teams.
• Acquire images from outside sources; negotiate fees with picture agencies and other sources.
• To ensure economic use of budgets, where applicable.
• To maintain contact with our principal sales teams and customers throughout the world, not only to ensure contractual obligations are met but in the interests of developing successful working relationships and reflecting current photography needs.
• To maintain meticulous records of photography delivered.
• To be able to interpret the complex contracts and rights agreements around photography commissioning and usage.
• To offer contractual, clearance, usage and technical advise as required.
• Significant television picture publicity or picture desk experience.
• Knowledge of photography, the technical processes involved and their limitations as well as an understanding of the storage, manipulation and retrieval of digital imagery.
• Imaginative mind and artistic ability to see picture opportunities for programme marketing, publicity and product use, in particular for licensed product, DVD artwork, publicity, advertising, exhibition display and broadcaster promotion kits.
• Ability to assess the aesthetic and technical essentials of photography and edit high volumes of material.
• An understanding of television production, both location and studio based.
• Knowledge of natural history photography would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of photographic copyright laws.
• To be able to work with ORGANISATION Editorial Guidelines and Fair Trading regulations and apply them to photography.
• Excellent organisational, communication and supervisory skills.
• Mac literate with a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Word and Excel.
• To manage the day to day image requirements of the team. This may include anything from retrospective rights and usage clearances, selecting images to promote a new theatric release or recommending the perfect shot for a t-shirt or calendar.
• To establish and service the photography requirements on a portfolio of programmes for international broadcasters, license product departments, the regional sales teams, ORGANISATION Worldwide Channels, international press office and various marketing departments.
• To creatively interpret the picture opportunities within scripts and programme proposals.
• To deliver photography to delivery schedules for ORGANISATION, its customers and co-producers, ensuring all images are captioned, credited and copyright is observed and that it is of a technical and aesthetic standard.