Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To provide prescribed cast application / removal without direct supervision. To supervise other staff in cast application or removal
without direct supervision. In the absence of the senior nurse manage the day to day running of the Plaster Room/Clinic.
The post holder will contribute to the development and evaluation of clinics in relation to the Plaster Room/Clinic Service.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
British Casting Certificate
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Time management of self & others
Ability to influence at management & team level
Good knowledge of Government initiatives
Experience of Change Management
Advocate for the profession
Verbal and written communication
Experience of total contact casting
Experience of serial casting
Flexible & Adaptable
Calm and works well under pressure
Effective and sensitive handling of difficult
information and situations
Able to meet Moving & Handling requirements of job
Free Job description Plaster Technician
· To ensure that the highest standard of cast application is delivered throughout the Plaster Room/Clinic Service.
· To ensure that the highest standard of cast removal is delivered throughout the Plaster Room/Clinic Service.
· To assess patients casts needs with reference to their clinical condition and social needs and bring issues to the attention of the clinical requesting the cast, suggesting alternatives where applicable.
· To assess wounds and apply minor dressings prior to the application of a cast.
· To identify potential problems as a result of cast application and
instigate measures to eliminate / minimise the risk.
To reaffirm the treatment outlined by the clinician in relation to the cast
and what is expected of the patient and supply appropriate written
material for cast care.
· To give, and record, appropriate information for patients seeking
telephone advice for cast care follow-up.
· To maintain accurate documentation of care is given in the medical
· To liaise with surgical appliances, obtain and apply specialised walking appliance are requested by the clinician.
· To assist clinicians in the manipulation of fractures and removal of K wires in the Plaster Room/Clinic.
· To assist in theatre with the application of specialised casts following surgery.
· To attend to wards to meet the needs of patients who are unfit to
attend the clinic for cast care.
· To remove sutures and provide expert wound management.
· To maintain confidentially at all times.
· To guide, support and advise medial staff, trained and untrained
nursing staff in the removal repair and application of casts within the department, ward area or theatres.
· To advise on appropriate cast application for the patient’s clinical and social requirements.
· To guide, support and advise medical staff in the removal, repair and application of casts with the department, ward area or theatres.
Budget Management Responsibilities:
· Actively participate in the effective and efficient use of the
ward/department budget, identifying cost savings that do not
compromise patient care/quality.
People Management Responsibilities:
· To ensure staffing is managed within the approved funded
· To ensure that Human Resource objectives and workforce
development plans form an integral part of the departmental annual business plans and objectives, including meeting targets for sickness absence, turnover and agency staff usage at or lower than the targets.
· To ensure that Performance Planning and Development Review
(PPDR) are completed for all staff in accordance with policy and
targets and that a Personal Development Plan is developed for
each member of staff as part of the PPDR and that appropriate training is facilitated.
· To ensure that the capability, conduct and performance of every
member of staff are constantly assessed and appropriate action taken to address shortfalls and to ensure that sickness absence is managed and appropriate action taken to address both short and long term absence.
· To ensure that processes exist for effectively communicating with all staff, irrespective of working pattern, that staff involvement in decision making is positively encourage and that staff are fully engaged in changes affecting them.
To ensure that the findings of the staff survey are openly discussed and action plans developed and implemented.
· To ensure that all policies are complied with, brought to the attention of all staff and are readily and easily accessible.
Research & Audit:
· To identify areas within the Plaster Room/Clinic Service for audit and participate in multi-disciplinary audit activity
· To actively lead, support and facilitate research activity within the Plaster Room/Clinic Service. To keep up to date with published
research and audit findings , relating to ward / speciality.
· Demonstrate an awareness of and utilize evidence-based practice.
Training & Development:
· Identify areas of development / training needs within the appraisal structure.
· Participate in in-service and external training opportunities provided
· To maintain a continuous professional development record.
· To manage own time and that of others effectively, ensuring all patients are cared for.
· Maintained an awareness of issues relating to nursing on the national agenda.
· To be aware and demonstrate current advances in plaster casting techniques.
· To order and receipt goods in accordance with the financial framework.
· To maintain stock levels of casting materials.
· To maintain an accurate report of Plaster Room/Clinic equipment.