Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Plating Foreman Job Description
Check out our full A-Z of job descriptions
• To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent plating / structural supervisory construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
• To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
• To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Key aims and objectives
• Supervision and co-ordination of Platers and associated materials
• To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the plating / structural workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
• Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
• Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
• Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
• Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
• Completion of probationary evaluations and assessments in accordance with competency assurance system, CDCA
• BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
• 4 year apprenticeship or NVQ level 2 equivalent
• Company mandatory training, induction, RA, etc.
• City and Guilds in steelwork fabrication and assembly or NVQ level 3 in associated trade
• Manual Handling
• Assessor/verifier qualifications
• ONC in an Engineering related subject
• Demonstrable experience as a Plater
• Demonstrable experience in a supervisory/foreman position in a plating role
• Demonstrable offshore experience as a plating foreman.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members
• Demonstrable commitment to safety
• Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
• Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
• Confident, ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Has a desire to learn and develop within the role