Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Portfolio Manager job description
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of real estate including, university housing, multifamily housing, mixed use housing, and affordable multifamily housing. To be responsible for managing portfolio performance and communicating information regarding the operations and performance of properties within the portfolio to property Owners. Provide effective and productive oversight of property staff and review financial performance of properties to enhance efficient operations.
• To manage a portfolio of properties and all employees within the portfolio.
• Effectively lead and manage property staff – including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, conducting employee reviews, disciplining, and being involved in termination. Performs all supervisory functions to staffing within the assigned portfolio.
• To analyze property performance, determine what needs to be changed, develop and implement strategies that maximize property performance.
• Reviews proformas, budgets, variance & delinquency reports, cash flow projections and accounting reports; manages marketing, leasing strategies, maintenance and overall operations for an assigned property portfolio. To conduct thorough property inspections and convey written results.
• To prepare operating and capital budgets; to prepare for Property Reviews.
• To produce quality reports, charts and analysis and communicate (both verbally and in writing) essential information to others individually and in groups.
• To inspect properties periodically; to stay abreast of rental markets; to analyze on-site operations.
• To develop marketing programs (project-specific) and to lead property teams for leasing success.
• To develop and maintain positive vendor relationships.
• To aid in commercial/retail negotiations, management and operations
• Excellent PC skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, IE and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Knowledge of Yardi/property management software preferred.
• Understand and enforce compliance with Real Estate Agency rules and regulations, state and local landlord/tenant laws, and federal, state and local Fair Housing laws.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and current State Real Estate license
Experience and Educational Background Description:
• Bachelors Degree required.
• MBA or applicable Masters Degree a plus.
• 5 years professional management and/or applicable leadership experience required – real estate management preferred.
• 3 years experience in supervision of people required.
Other Desired Characteristics:
• Community and civic involvement.
• On going occupational trainings, courses and education.
• Join and participate in professional organizations (i.e. IREM, BOMA, etc.).