Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Post Room Assistant job description
To provide an effective and efficient Post Room and Practitioner Stores service to the Personnel of the site.
To provide additional cover across the whole department as necessary and during times of absence.
1. To ensure the security, receipt and despatch of all mail coming into and going out of the site
2. To undertake the recording and despatch of supplies including stationery,
3. To ensure adequate stocks of supplies at pre-determined levels, by requesting stock to be ordered by others in the team
4. To ensure the maintenance of, and adequate supplies of consumables for, all machinery within the postal and reprographic areas to be ordered by others
5. To ensue the security of all monies and cheques received in the incoming mail including the recording in the cash book before passing to the cashier
6. To receive cash from staff for private postages
7. To assist with on the job training of new staff
Analytical and Judgemental Skills
Resolving issues which may require some analysis ie advising on the most appropriate method of postage, taking into account cost, security and speed etc.
Planning and Organisational Skills
Organises own workload and co-ordinates and adjusts work routine to meet the demands on the post room services on a daily basis.
Frequent moving and handling of packages and parcels when processing post and accepting deliveries
(Academic, Professional & Vocational)
Good general standard of education
Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
Effective organisational skills
Skills Required for the Post
Communication and Relationship Skills
Providing and receiving routine information orally and in writing to staff at all levels.
8. To ensure that the furniture in the meeting rooms on site are kept neat and tidy
9. To provide a light portering service to the site
10. To provide additional cover across the whole department during times of absence