Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Quantity Surveyor Job Description
To support the Transmission & Distribution (T&D) business unit,and fulfill the commercial site responsibilities and liaise directly with the Operations Controllers for each area
• Ensure correct allocation of costs to projects
• Analysis of project performance, financial and non-financial
• Analyse and interpret management information on projects
• Proactively seek and implement continuous improvement initiatives, and communicate across Alliance for wider implementation
• Take part, agree objectives and comply with the performance review process and timescales
• Attend progress/planning meetings, identify and report areas of concern
• Ensure own workload is planned in an effective way to deliver required outputs in line with agreed timescales
• Build good working relationship with Operations Controllers
• Prepare project performance management information to managers
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Report all accidents, incidents, damages, near misses and illnesses
• Complying with the HSE&E requirements relevant to their duties and responsibilities
• Monitoring of project performance, workload and cost
• Monitoring of project and programme delivery
• Investigation of anomalies in recording of data
• Formal Q.S qualification (HND or BSc)
• Knowledge of NEC(Option C) form of contract
Project experience, with involvement in change control and risk management
• Knowledge / experience surrounding management of risk budgets and associated analysis
• Experience in the compilation & presentation of cost and value reports / analysis across a portfolio of projects
• Good communication, interaction / team-working, presentation and negotiation skills