Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Provide an efficient, effective and high quality reception service together with administration and building services responsibilities.
• Operate a telephone switchboard.
• Receive and relay messages accurately and carry out any associated actions.
• Welcome all visitors to the office and direct them to the appropriate members of staff, activities and provide information about the organisation.
• Ensure systems for recording visitors and staff in the office are kept up to date at all times.
• Undertake general clerical duties including, filing, photocopying, the operation of records system and the basic maintenance of office equipment e.g. fax, photocopier, PC’s, printers etc.
• Ensure the reception/waiting area is kept in a clean and tidy condition.
• Make arrangements for incoming and out going post, including bulk mail outs.
• Receive, check off and store stationary and other materials/equipment.
• Accurately word process correspondence, reports, etc.
Reception Duties Job Description
Good standard of general education
Good standard of written and spoken English
Knowledge of the use of a range of office equipment.
Knowledge of office and clerical systems.
First aid certificate appointed person
Ability to undertake a range of clerical tasks to include faxing, photocopying, filing, word processing, maintaining records and the basic maintenance of office equipment.
Ability to operate a switchboard, take messages and relay accurately
Good communication skills and able to relate to people of a diverse background.
Understands fire alarm and evacuation procedures, test alarms and carry out fire drills.
Is aware of health and safety in the workplace, can undertake risk assessments in own area and take responsibility for the safety of other people within the building.
Able to take responsibility for ensuring first aid boxes are maintained and updated as necessary.
Able to take responsibility for ensuring that building/furniture repairs are undertaken, if not by self, to inform line manager of need of repair.
Ability to communicate with external contractors and suppliers.
Able to prioritise own workload.
• To open the building turning off alarms and ensure building is secured and alarmed at the end of the session.
• Be responsible for fire safety and health and safety while building is in use. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as requested.
• To be responsible for carrying out all the duties of the post in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy.