Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Reception Job Description
The role is to provide a high quality first point of contact for visitors, clients and telephone callers and provide secretarial support.
· To ensure that visitors and office clients are made to feel comfortable and welcome.
· To produce work of a high professional standard paying attention to detail.
· To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
· To become fully conversant with all areas of the business and office procedures.
· To be flexible in order to undertake the many different areas of work that are required.
· To set up reception and the Main Hall ready for business at the start of each day, and to
close down/lock up at the end of each day in accordance with the procedures manual.
To deal with meeting room enquiries, viewings and bookings, ensuring that client’s requirements are documented and confirmed.
· To ensure that meeting rooms are correctly configured and equipped in advance, according to the client’s booking and that catering requirements (including final numbers and menus) are confirmed in good time beforehand and communicated to the kitchen.
· To meet and greet visitors and delegates. To escort delegates to meeting rooms and promptly advise clients of visitor’s arrival. To make visitors feel welcome and offer refreshments if appropriate.
· Distributing post received and collating and franking outgoing post in good time for Royal Mail collection at the end of the day. Dealing with courier bookings as required.
· Logging all work done on behalf of clients for billing purposes.
· Providing support for special events and occasions.
· To provide confidential, comprehensive, high quality and efficient personal assistance, secretarial and administrative support as required.
Administration duties include typing letters and e-mails, producing reports, presentations and other documents, dealing with correspondence, filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
· Maintaining computer security and backups or other procedures as instructed.
The above is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities which the role holder may have and
develop over time.
The ideal candidate must:
· treat all information and knowledge gained in the workplace as confidential;
· be prepared to work both individually and as a team member;
· work in a cheerful, polite, calm and professional manner;
· dress in a smart business like manner; and
· conduct themselves at all times in accordance with the Conditions of Employment and any reasonable general policy statements that may be issued by the partners.
Personal Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must:
· have a high standard of literacy and numeracy;
· have the ability to successfully work under pressure and to tight timescales;
· be dependable and punctual at all times;
· possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
· have excellent organisational skills;
· be able to manage and prioritise workloads;
· be flexible and have an adaptable approach to work;
· be accurate and have attention to detail; and
· have excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and
Outlook. PowerPoint and Publisher knowledge desirable. The ability to learn other
applications as required.
· Telephone answering, handling and message taking as quickly and efficiently as
possible to maintain targets.
· To provide administrative/secretarial support to clients, the management and staff as and when requested, prioritising workload
according to deadlines and importance.