Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Reprographics job description
Under direction, plans, organizes, supervises and participates in day-to-day print shop activities; organizes and coordinates multiple projects on an ongoing basis to ensure timely delivery of printed materials; performs a wide variety of skilled, specialized and technical duties in the print production and reproduction of materials utilizing digital printing, graphic design and related print shop equipment, software and techniques; provides routine to complex design and coordination assistance to personnel; and performs related duties as assigned.
4. Plans, coordinates and oversees day-to-day print shop work flow, activities and operations; receives, assesses and prioritizes multiple job orders/assignments; plans, schedules and completes or oversees completion of assignments to ensure compliance with set standards of work production and agreed upon time frames; based on established criteria, calculates and determines job cost estimates/totals; compiles and charges jobs to appropriate divisions/departments/schools; maintains and updates assigned financial and accounting records and reports; distributes information and reports to appropriate sources.
5. Coordinates with and provides guidance, assistance and technical and specialized expertise to administrators, faculty and staff; provides design and coordination assistance to administrators, programs coordinators and specialists and other staff on a variety of routine to difficult matters, including clarification and definition of work requests, project requirements and expectations, guidance and suggestions on design, layout and other project elements and opportunities to optimize technology to meet or exceed customer objectives; communicates with vendors to research and evaluate products, equipment and other printing materials.
6. Supervises and sets-up, operates or monitors set-up and operations of high speed digital printing equipment to produce bulletins, brochures, booklets, handbooks, handouts, forms and a wide array of instructional materials; utilizes software to program, monitor, operate and control equipment and make adjustments to produce quality results; supervises and participates in the operation of a variety of bindery and finishing equipment to collate, cut, fold, punch, drill, bind, stitch and pad printed materials; shrink wraps and
packages products for shipping or storage.
7. Utilizing graphics, page layout, illustration, image editing, standard business applications and other software and equipment in both PC and Mac formats, sets up, typesets, creates edits and prepares manual and computer lay-out of files and materials for production and, as necessary, creates text and graphics materials; utilizes scanning and other equipment to import images for editing and full color digital output; receives and sends digital files from/to other OCDE locations to achieve efficiency, productivity and quality objectives.
8. Coordinates maintenance of printing and graphics equipment; makes minor repairs to and cleans and adjusts equipment; communicates major breakdowns or problems to service vendors/service representatives and monitors their work to ensure prompt repair; ensures safe work practices and methods and follows safety regulations and practices in the operation and servicing of equipment.
9. Monitors and maintains an inventory of printing and graphics supplies and materials; researches supply sources; orders supplies, arranges deliveries and inspects received shipments; identifies and resolves inaccuracies, shortages or overages
1. Methods and procedures of high-speed digital printing processes, including finishing and bindery operations.
2. Industry standard software used in graphic and visual communications.
3. Principles and techniques of graphic design, page layout and image editing used in commercial print production.
4. Operation and care of printing and related equipment similar to that used by company
5. Typical paper stocks used in a full production print shop.
6. Methods and practices of reducing production costs.
7. Proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
8. Federal, State and local laws applicable to the storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
9. Safety regulations and safe work practices.
10. Basic provisions of copyright laws applicable to the work.
11. Principles and practices of effective supervision.
12. OCDE human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
1. Plan, organize, supervise and coordinate the activities of a busy full production print shop.
2. Operate and maintain a variety of digital printing and reproduction equipment and computer software used in printing technology.
3. Utilize computers and computer software to create graphics and artwork and develop print layouts in accordance with standards and customer requirements.
4. Follow, apply and enforce safe work practices, methods and procedures in a print shop setting, including proper lifting techniques.
5. Develop accurate and timely cost proposals for customer print projects.
6. Interact with customers to define print project requirements and expectations and provide advice on design, layout and other project elements.
7. Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and written.
8. Make sound independent decisions within established guidelines.
9. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with management, administrators, program coordinators/specialists, staff and others encountered in the course of work.
Reprographics Supervisor is responsible for supervising, coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day activities of a full-service production print shop to ensure the timely and high quality production and reproduction of a wide variety of business and educational support materials.
Work requires advanced knowledge of graphic design, page layout, image editing and other computer software in order to prepare files and documents for production and advanced skills in the operation of a variety of high speed digital printing and other print shop equipment to complete print production orders, many of which are large scale and high volume.
The incumbent is expected to effectively interact with a wide range of customers to ensure that print production services meet quality and customer service standards.
1. Plans, organizes, supervises and evaluates the work of assigned staff; with staff, develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve assigned goals and objectives; participates in developing, implementing and evaluating work programs, plans, processes, systems and procedures to achieve program and goals, objectives and performance measures consistent with quality and service expectations.
2. Plans and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development goals; subject to management concurrence, takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
3. Provides day-to-day leadership and works with staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving objectives and service expectations; provides leadership and participates in programs and activities that promote a positive employee relations environment.