Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Research Librarian Job Description
By operating on a daily basis, a comprehensive and customer orientated multi-media research and archive service for customers on site. To work in close association with production teams, providing research to individual programmes through the stages of developing ideas, researching topics, acquiring information, contacts and archive material up to the transmission of the programme.
In addition, the opportunity to lead and support colleagues will be available for suitable librarians taking increased responsibility for scheduling and appraising others
1. To maintain a close relationship with customers in order to provide effective, specialist and highly regarded services.
2. To provide a pro-active, comprehensive research and advisory service using multi-media, on-line computer systems and non-company databases.
3. To maintain professional library standards in handling materials, selection, cataloguing and classification and to ensure that maximum use is made of the companys library holdings.
4. To supervise the Library Assistants, including contributing to recruitment, training and appraisal.
5. To develop and maintain close liaison and effective communication with commercial, academic, specialist and public libraries for the supply of information and material held centrally and externally.
6. To supply regular statistical and management information in order to assess research procedures, stock, storage requirements and the deployment of staff.
7. To work in association with Manager, and other librarians in policy formation for the department, and to monitor the development of systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. A professionally qualified librarian with a good general knowledge of print, sound and visual media relevant to the production of broadcast programmes, and a full appreciation of copyright and other restrictions on the use of material. Substantial relevant experience in a media library will be considered for applicants with no professional qualifications.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player to enable a high quality service to be provided to customers.
3. Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure, prioritise work and the flexibility to assist and cover for the absence of professional colleagues.
4. Previous experience of working in a well-developed specialist, academic or public library and of managing staff.
5. Informed knowledge/interest of news and current affairs, and experience of working in a news orientated environment is desirable where a news specialist is required.
6. Awareness of company output. A knowledge of local output would be an advantage.
7. Awareness of new broadcast/information technologies.