Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Restaurant Manager Job Description
• To be responsible for the overall profitability, including stock control, of all Food & Beverage Outlets (Restaurant; Brasserie; Lounge; Piano Bar; Room Service and Mini Bars)
• To be responsible for the effective management, control and administration of the F&B Outlets and supporting services, to the specified standards of the hotel, adhering to company and statutory regulations
• To lead and manage the F&B department so that it performs efficiently and effectively
• Proficiency in computer technology specific to the F&B department to include all point of sale systems and knowledge of the hotel’s accounting, inventory and purchasing principles
• Assist guests and promote the hotel’s other facilities and services
• Supervise the function of all F&B Outlets in respect of staff, facilities, sales and costs (including schedules, service standards, training, motivation and safety) to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved
• Ensure that sufficient table linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware and sundry items have been requisitioned for service periods and that applicable food stocks are maintained
• Analyse, on an on-going basis in order to optimise the department’s efficiency and effectiveness, the following:
* product and service quality levels
* guest satisfaction
* merchandising and marketing
* operating costs
* safety and hygiene
• Plan, organise and execute special functions, seasonal events and projects
• Complete required administrative functions (eg. customer bills, reports, scheduling, time sheets) to hotel standards and assist with annual budget preparation and monthly forecasting
• Deal with customer complaints/compliments and authorise compensatory allowances
• Be aware of hotel policies which affect the F&B department and of trends, systems, practices and equipment in F&B preparation and service within the industry
• To review, evaluate, plan and take action so that the F&B department achieves its targets
• To give both internal and external customers quality service
• To comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, closing reports, tip distribution, cash drawer and house bank management
Display and encourage at all times a high level of personal hygiene, grooming, code of conduct, customer care, courtesy and social skill
• Have a full operational knowledge of all food items, dishes, wines and other beverages served in the F&B Outlets and full product knowledge of the facilities offered at the hotel
• Work in co-operation with all other departments. Develop and maintain effective working relations with colleagues both within the F&B department and others.
• Attend, support, organise and implement hotel and departmental training sessions as appropriate
• Attend hotel meetings and hold departmental meetings, communicating proceedings throughout the F&B department
• Encourage safe working procedures and carry out required risk assessments. Work safely, conforming to statutory and company health and safety regulations. Comply with other related regulations (eg. Food hygiene and licensing laws). Report all defective equipment and hazards
• Ensure effective security of keys and property – company, guest and personal
• Challenge and report any person acting suspiciously and deal with lost property
• Co-ordinate recruitment within the F&B department ensuring hotel and statutory standards and procedures are applied
• Ensure that every member of the F&B department receives the required training and assessment to fulfil all legislative and company requirements and to develop the skills and capability required in their job. Ensure that all training and assessment are recorded
• Actively encourage and manage the development of the staff through appraisal, review meetings etc. to deliver the business objectives and that the results are actioned where required to ensure a personal development plan is set and maintained for each member of the team in the department
• Ensure that the hotel’s code of conduct and grooming standards are upheld in the department at all times
• Monitor the standards of work, working practices, productivity and standards of customer care of the members of the department
• Ensure that the members of the department are kept informed of the departmental/hotel targets and performance
• Promote teamwork within the department and with other departments
• Ensure the F&B Outlets are cleaned and fully prepared ready for service – checking room and table layouts, service stations, buffets, stock levels, special displays, etc.
• Allocate jobs and ‘stations’, monitoring the completion of tasks to standard – before, during and following service periods
• Check buffet food levels are maintained during service, according to customer demand
• Greet, seat, take and input orders, assist guests with food and wine selection and serve. Check customer satisfaction during service, present accurate bill and bid farewell
• Explain and upsell any specials, offers or promotions
• Liaise with the kitchen for menu content, special customer requests, queries and complaints/compliments
• Provide and promote an exemplary working culture at all times
• Assist in other departments during emergencies or other guest or maintenance matters as required in line with hotel needs