Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To assist the Retail Manager to increase efficiency and profitability in all retail outlets
To assist the Retail Manager to increase spend per head in the retail outlets through effective day to day management of staff
To assist the Retail Manager to maintain a high quality and distinctive retail offer which is consistent with the brand
To assist the Retail Manager to establish us as a Retail destination
To ensure excellent customer service is delivered at all times
Retail Supervisor job description
• To assist in the day-to-day running of the retail outlets
• To assist the Retail Manager to promote and safeguard the brand at all times
• To assist with the training of staff within the retail department
• To assist in the organisation and control of retail stock and stocktaking
• To assist the Retail Manager to control, check and price new deliveries of stock
• To assist the Retail Manager with the procurement of stock
• To Liaise with Suppliers when and where necessary.
• To respond to customer queries in a timely and efficient manner
• To assist in the merchandising, presentation and general display standards across all shops and ensure guidelines are adhered to
• To assist in the seasonal setting up of the Gift Shops, Bookshop, Garden Centre.
• To contribute to the departmental business plan and assist with achieving the objectives and goals set
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Head of Retail.
Previous retail or sales experience
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Effective interpersonal skills
Honesty and a high level of integrity
Ability to deliver and train others to deliver the highest
standards of customer service
Flexible approach to duties undertaken
Enthusiasm and capacity for hard work
Attention to detail
Knowledge of stock control.
Knowledge of Health & safety compliance
Teamworking – Supporting each other to produce better results
• Involves staff in decisions about objectives and working practices
• Gets to know staff as individuals and what motivates them
• Makes people feel at ease and encourages them to raise concerns
• Recognises and celebrates team achievements
• Seeks to establish a safe and healthy working environment and takes actions accordingly
Leadership – Taking personal responsibility and empowering others
• Helps staff see how their objectives contribute to achieving the Estate’s aims
• Agrees clear work objectives for staff with realistic deadlines and performance standards
• Gives regular constructive feedback
• Encourages people to consider improvements, responds positively when they do and is supportive when things go wrong
• When necessary, acts promptly and decisively to deal with declining performance or any emerging problems in the team
• Takes responsibility for the work of the team
• Challenges unnecessary rules and procedures
Building Relationships – Working in co-operation
• Builds links and networks with other departments
• Understands the pressures driving other parts of the business with which they have contact
• Builds relationships with internal and external customers and is aware of their interests and priorities
• Listens to the views of others and is willing to adjust own positions to reach a solution
Communicating – Sharing information and opinions to achieve understanding
• Makes relevant and timely interventions in meetings
• Writes logically and concisely, with clear conclusions and recommendations
• Explains complex and technical subjects in terms the non-specialist can understand
• Considers the needs of the audience/recipient and communicates only essential information
• Considers the communication aspects of all activities and in all directions: internal, external, upwards, downwards and sideways
Delivering a Quality Service – Focusing on results
• Monitors progress on tasks and helps or advises staff when required
• Looks ahead to spot problems and put contingency plans in place
• Doesn’t ignore problems but takes early actions to resolve them
• Looks for better ways of working and is not constrained by what has gone before
Developing and Applying Expertise – Making the most of our own and others’
personal qualities and contribution
• Regularly discusses staff development needs, identifying solutions and committing time and resources
• Creates opportunities to expand their roles and develop
• Coaches staff
• Encourages new ideas from staff
• Encourages staff to participate in wider Estate initiatives to broaden skills and experience
Thinking and Decision Making – Making sound operational policy decisions
• Considers the consequences and implications for own department and others before making a decision
• Looks beyond the obvious, thinks laterally and explores different angles
• Identifies and uses appropriate analytical tools and statistics in analysing issues
• Uses statistical and financial data effectively to inform decisions
• Bases decisions on sound evidence.