Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Rigger Job Description
Check out our full A-Z of job descriptions
Purpose / Role
• To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent rigging / erection supervisory construction service in accordance with
Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures.
• To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
• To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the rigging / erection work scope is completed, in compliance with LOLER and to a high standard of safety.
• Development/approval of lifting plans.
• Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
• Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
• Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
• BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
• Approved Rigging & Lifting course
• Co mandatory training (Induction, RA, etc)
• Level 3 NVQ – Rigging & Lifting
• Approved Slinging & Lifting/Banksman course
• Assessor or Verifier qualification
• Manual Handling
• Loler Planning & Risk Assessment (LOLER Appointed Person)
• Lifting gear examiner
• COSHH Assessor
• Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations.
• Demonstrable experience in a supervisory/foreman role in rigging & lifting operations.
• Demonstrable offshore experience in a supervisory/foreman role in rigging & lifting operations.
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members
• Demonstrate commitment to safety
• Flexible – able to comply with company and client requirements
• Ability to work with other disciplines
• Confident – ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Key aims and objectives
• Supervision and co-ordination of riggers, materials and equipment
• To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
• Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
• Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
• Deliver Tool Box Talks
• Completion of probationary evaluations and assessments in accordance with AMEC’s competency assurance system, CDCA