Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Risk and Insurance Manager
To assist the Head of Risk Management in the strategic development and embedding of risk management across the organisation in support of agreed policies while ensuring continuous improvement.
To ensure that the Insurance Strategy is effectively updated and efficiently implemented.
• To support services in risk management activity through training and/or direct involvement
• To support the Head of Risk Management in the co-ordination of progress against the Risk Strategy implementation plan including Risk Registers to CMB and Audit Committee as appropriate
• To prepare reports and supporting papers for Risk Management Group, CMB and Audit Committee.
• To support the Head of Risk Management in managing the insurance portfolio using the principles of soundly based risk management. To monitor the internal insurance fund.
• To procure, maintain, develop and implementation risk management software.
• To work closely with Internal Audit and develop the process of risk identification for internal audit planning and field work
• To support the establishment of an effective Corporate Risk Management Strategy
• To promote, support and oversee the implementation of the Corporate Risk Management Strategy within defined timescales
• To monitor and review the effectiveness of the Risk Management Strategy
• To identify and communicate risk management issues to services and directorates as appropriate.
• To co-ordinate the development of risk management corporate policies, systems and procedures, working in partnership with members, chief officers and other appropriate staff
• To work closely with Business Continuity, Emergency Planning and Health & Safety disciplines as they affect Risk Management and ensure that any issues/learning is communicated/shared appropriately
• To supervise Risk Management Officers providing advice and support.
• To actively participate and share best practice risk information in forums
6. Knowledge and Experience
• Degree or equivalent (or actively working towards)
• Experience of risk management in private/public sector
• Knowledge of insurance principles & practices
• Experience of managing people
• Computer literate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Job Challenge(s):
• Driving through the Corporate Risk Management Strategy implementation plan to ensure its successful development
• Overcoming resistance to changing management practices to accommodate risk management i.e. making risk management an every day management practice
• Making risk management interesting and user friendly to officers at all levels of the organisation