Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
• To canvass repeat and new clients by telephone, selling the benefits of using the classified section in order to fill allocated pagination.
• To meet call rate targets as determined by the Classified Ad Director.
• To maintain existing client base by making regular client courtesy calls.
• To meet and exceed team revenue targets.
• To create and maintain client database with up-to-date information on conversations and booking details.
• To tailor and send out media pack information to clients/agencies.
• To make full use of research data and use IMS runs where applicable to tailor sales pitches.
• To monitor competitor titles for potential advertisers and to call them.
• To liaise with Finance where necessary to ensure clients with debts are not continuing to advertise.
• Background in selling in a competitive environment, preferably advertising space.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to persuade, negotiate and establish good working relationships with colleagues and clients/agencies.
• Proven communication skills over the telephone.
• Ability to contribute to a team environment.
• Experience of basic administration in an office environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Basic IT skills.
• Basic understanding and interest in wider media issues and a sound understanding of the magazine marketplace.
Sales Executive Classified Ads job description
Working on classified ads for a magazine you will maximise classified advertising revenue by creating new business and further developing existing business.
You will be bright, confident and hungry, preferably with media sales experience.
This busy role will involve core client business development and management of key client relationships, identifying and delivering new revenue opportunities in line with company targets and continued growth; in print sales, both face to face and over the phone.
• To input all sales bookings onto the appropriate systems and to be responsible for a system of sales records.
• To liaise with client accounts and production department to ensure that all advertisements are paid for and placed on time.
• To keep the advertisement manager informed of business at hand: at advertising meetings to report on business lost and gained and on possible future business.
• To comply with all relevant company safety rules, procedures and guidelines and to be aware of responsibilities under the safety policy.
• To comply with policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
To succeed in this role you will have a consultative approach to sales, combined with the ability to close the deal - along with a strong personality, belief in your own ability and superior communication skills