Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Sales Manager job description-Theatre Sales
To manage the marketing and press within the theatre, to achieve the objectives and targets of the Theatre and take advantage of opportunities to further the recognition of the Theatre in the local community. Maximize sales, productivity and occupancy of the venue
• To create and action marketing plans for all incoming productions in conjunction with the touring production companies.
• To liaise with the General Manager to agree and action targets and missions for the Marketing Department and sales achievements.
• Place advertising in local, national and specialist press as appropriate.
• Take advantage of ad hoc advertising opportunities in annual guides and local publications.
• Work with outdoor advertising companies to agree and action suitable outdoor advertising campaigns for the theatre and individual shows.
• To co-ordinate mail-outs, printing labels, mail sort preparation both internally and in liaison with mailing houses.
• To liase with Box Office on any marketing initiatives.
• Uphold the Data Protection Act.
• To use the available system to report on previous events and use the information to analyse trends.
Distribution of print
• To oversee the Sales and Marketing Assistant in the distribution of the theatre’s print through external companies and in-house methods.
• To produce the theatre’s show programmes including compilation and liaison with designers/printers.
• To oversee the Sales and Marketing Assistant in arranging overprint of show print either through producers or direct with designers and printers and co-ordinating delivery of production print at appropriate times.
• To produce the theatre’s ‘What’s On’ brochure to including liaising with producers, designers, printers and mailing houses.
• To oversee the work of the Box Office and provide advice on best practice on the sales process.
• To arrange and attend group sales cultivation evenings/events.
• Arrange and attend press nights for theatre productions.
• Arrange photo calls, press launches and interviews to further the press coverage of individual shows and the theatre in general.
• Ensure that all local press contacts are kept up to date with press releases, invitations to events, listings information.
Essential skills & experience
• Experience in a commercial theatre marketing environment.
• Successfully completing time bound projects in a pressurised environment.
• The ability to communicate clearly; in person and over the telephone.
• Flexibility regarding working hours.
• The ability to prioritise work.
• Excellent copy-writing and proofing skills.
• Good visual sense and a meticulous eye for detail.
• Good time management.
• Experience of using a computerised ticketing system for ticket sales and marketing reporting.
• Experience of managing a team.
• Good level of computer literacy including Outlook, Excel, Word and Access and image manipulation programmes.
• Experience of using the venue’s booking system, Databox.
• Previous Marketing experience in a managerial role.
• Clean driving licence and own use of a car.
•Responsibility for the up-keep of the website, to include ensuring information is correct and up-to-date, adding new information and events, keeping the news section fresh with stories.
•Manipulate images to an appropriate size to ensure a uniform look of the website.
•Work with the Box Office Co-ordinator to ensure the online ticketing is up to date and has all the appropriate links to ensure easy booking for customers.
•Work with the website design company to ensure the functionality and development of the site.
• To undertake any training opportunities.
• To manage the work of the Sales and Marketing Assistant and any casual marketing staff.
• To oversee the sales aspect of the Box Office team.
• Conducting staff appraisals and maintaining discipline and morale by leading and motivating the team.
• Establishing and maintaining Leisure Connection standards of Customer Care and regularly monitoring and improving the quality of service offered.
• Following Leisure Connections policy with regard to Disciplinary and Grievance Procedure.
• Following Leisure Connection IT policy and ensuring that there is no abuse of policy by anyone in the team.
• Building and maintaining strong working relations with Producers, agents, internal customers and suppliers.
• Understanding Access issues and anti-discrimination legislation.
• Understanding Health and Safety regulations and carrying out duties consistent with Leisure Connections H&S procedure.
• Exercise total confidentiality, discretion and integrity regarding information acquired through the Company.