Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
The SAP ABAP developer will be working as a member of the SAP development team and will be responsible for the delivery of ABAP program assets based on technical specifications (and may be called upon to fill gaps in specifications with expert knowledge). The ABAP developer is expected to provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation and support, being his/her primary focus during the design and development phases of projects and on user support.
• To provide input into the design of SAP enhancements and roll outs, offering advice and thoughts providing feedback.
• To develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards.
• To accurately log time for completed tasks
• To provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking and resolution.
• To demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation.
• To demonstrate high level of communication skills (verbal and written).
• To ensure current skills are up-to-date through research and practice.
• To participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.
• To engage professionally with customers when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Good experience of working on a highly customised SAP system.
• Broad knowledge of SAP functional areas particularly FI-CO, SD and MM.
• SD configuration experience desirable
• Experience of:
o Object Oriented programming
o Report writing using ALV and ABAP lists
o Sapscripts and smart forms
o Dialogue programming
o User exits/enhancements
SAP ABAP Developer Job Description
NATURE AND SCOPE
• Job context
The SAP ABAP developer works alongside the other ABAP developers and functional developers, possibly handling multiple pieces of work simultaneously, alongside ad-hoc support queries. They must work with the development team as peers and be able to communicate effectively with customers.
• Problems faced
Core problems for the ABAP developer are the constant drive to remain current in terms of development skills and principles whilst maintaining the day-to-day operational activities. Remaining on budget and on time is a constant requirement as the role is usually attached to time and budget constrained projects.
• Planning and organisation
The ABAP developer should be able to organise their time effectively on a daily and weekly basis, reporting and requesting assistance as required.
• Direction received
The ABAP developer should be able to work independently to achieve current aims either over a fixed period of time or a specific piece of project work and should be able to prioritise effort on that basis. They will receive direction for other decision making.
• Working contacts
The ABAP developer should maintain good working contacts within the department and ensure they know where to find information and responsible parties within the rest of IT. They should always maintain positive customer relationships.