Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
SAP BW job description
• Project Initiation
• Project Planning and Estimating
• Producing delivery plans and communicating these effectively to different audiences.
• Defining Roles and Responsibilities
• Controlling the Project
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff working on the project. This may include technical, design and editorial staff in and staff in other departments and divisions, as well as third parties.
• Working with Agile teams on a day-to-day basis and work within Scrum and XP practices.
• Managing Change, Quality and Risk
• Ensure all developments are fully documented, meet high level design requirements, as well as regulatory & industry standards so projects are fit for purpose leaving testing & transitioning to live.
• Ensure all new developments go through an appropriate testing process and have solid release plans for hand-over
• Accurately report all development activity through timesheets, report on development progress and issues, identifying remedial action when required to address problems and keep development on track.
• Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with other development team members and divisions to improve skills.
• Create & maintain strong working relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider technology organisation so that the overall function operates professionally and is seen as delivery focused. Engage professionally with customers when required.
• Significant experience of SAP BW functional development specialising in back-end extractors, cube design and development, report design, planning & forecasting (SEM and IP), aggregates and performance monitoring functions including integration with SAP/other external data sources. Experience of extracting data from the following SAP data source areas – FI, FI/CO, SD and MM Purchasing.
• Significant exposure of working on a highly customised SAP & BW system.
• Working knowledge of structured and/or agile software development methodology.
• Experience of SAP BI 7.0 development/functionality.
• Experience of working with Finance Business Processes/area.
• Experience of dealing with SAP online support services.
• Some experience and knowledge of ABAP workbench is desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to understand business requirements and provide creative technical solutions that work within the technical boundaries
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members
• Self motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done, good attention to detail
• Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Work within the BW Development team assigned for a dedicated business area to deliver BW System Configuration, Cube design, BW reporting and technical specifications based on business requirements documents and overall solution architecture. Produce associated assets such as documentation and test plans.
• Work within a professional, influential and proactive BW Development team that tangibly adds value
• Create estimates and ensure that divergence from estimates is drawn to the attention of the development manager. The developer is expected to provide technical expertise for systems analysis, design, implementation, and support (adhoc).
• To produce complete configured functionality, reports and specifications for programmed development and associated assets adhering to departmental development standards.
• To provide input into the design of SAP BW enhancements and roll outs, offering advice and thoughts and providing feedback
Work on projects during the design, development and test phases and on user support in accordance with the context provided by the Project Manager, BW Development Lead or the Head of Design & Development. Work effectively with other departments as and when required. Provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation and support.
• Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation. Work within project timelines and budgets.
• Work independently to achieve current aims either over a fixed period of time or a specific piece of project work and should be able to prioritise effort on that basis. They will receive direction for other decision making.
• Work independently and/or within a team as the work requires. Participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work
• Work alongside the other functional developers and SAP ECC developers, possibly handling multiple pieces of work simultaneously, alongside ad-hoc support queries.
• To utilise approved technologies for the development of systems.
• To demonstrate high level of communication skills (verbal and written).
• Deliver solutions that perform effectively both for the on-line BW user and as part of the over-night schedule.
• Contribute to the effective support of the SAP BW System through monitoring and maintenance of the SAP BW Production system and analysis & resolution of defects (this will include operational support outside of normal working hours).