Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
SAP Development Lead Job Description
• Lead the successful design, development, deployment and maintenance of in-house software assets for your area.
• Manage resources in order to design, plan, accurately estimate, document and deliver software assets to time, budget and quality targets
• Work with Project Managers to plan development, report progress, manage development risks and issues and facilitate technical oversight of the project
• Shape and continuously improve the team’s technical knowledge and delivery skills.
o Ensure that resources are made available to support the agreed programme of development and that they are properly used and accounted for
o Ensure that there is proper technical impact assessment of all risks and issues and changes to scope, requirements or design. Provide advice on any avoidance, mitigation or remedial actions required.
• Lead and motivate teams of developers
o Responsible for allocation of work to developers, taking account of individuals’ abilities and requirements of the work
o Measure, monitor and continually improve individual team member’s and the team’s performance
o Not directly responsible for the line management of developers but input into the appraisal process, including the identification of developmental needs.
o Provide advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
o Participate in the recruitment and selection process to build the team
Ensure that development projects take full account of and correctly interface with existing systems, infrastructure and enterprise architecture
o Ensure that all aspects of the developed software meet requirements and are in line with the agreed design e.g. data, user experience, architecture, security, quality & operations.
o Ensure standards ( regulatory & industry) are adhered to.
o Provide appropriate documentation and release plans to manage handover activity so that software can transition smoothly from development into test and live.
• Champion the establishment and maintenance of the project team’s software development process. Plan and manage the evaluation of that process. Identify and plan improvements and manage and monitor changes. Develop a reputation for sound judgement and effectiveness:
o Champion the adoption of project methodology, documentation and development standards.
o Monitor and manage the team’s quality objectives. Monitor and take responsibility for unit test coverage and completion to minimise defects in subsequent testing / live.
o Commit to the delivery of high quality solutions. Ensure that development is carried out in accordance with agreed quality standards and procedures and that all new development goes through an appropriate testing process
• Focus on customers and their requirements. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, senior management and software users
• Establish good working relationships and processes with other departments to smooth design, development, deployment and maintenance activity
• Proactively keep abreast of industry developments, skills and technologies and share information, ideas and best practice with other development team members and divisions to improve skills and avoid single points of failure
• Ensure that the SAP System is monitored and maintained by the SAP Development team (including operational support outside of normal working hours).
• Team Lead experience, specifically leading a development team. Proven success on multiple, enterprise-scale software development projects.
• In depth knowledge of SAP architecture, design and development to enable review of the development team’s work and guidance as appropriate.
• Certified in SAP BI 7.0 or SAP BI 3.5.
• In depth experience of Finance Reporting Systems design, producing achievable designs that meet business needs and are aligned to the overall technology strategy and architecture.
• In depth experience of the entire Software Development Life-cycle, delivering functionality on time, on budget and to meet business needs.
• Good planning and organisational skills, including ability to engage with multiple development projects concurrently and work to tight deadlines. Proficient in resource planning, including analysing requirements, resource estimation and allocation.
• Excellent in team leadership and team-based problem solving skills. Negotiate resolution of issues and conflict management. Ability to supervise and motivate staff.
• Results driven, and able to collaborate with management and colleagues to share the responsibilities for achieving an end-to-end solution for customers. Strong attention to detail which ensures that customer requirements are met and that a high quality standard is achieved.
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal). Ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
• Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• Experience of software development in the media industry.
• Experience of SAP Netweaver Portal an advantage..
• Experience of developing SAP Business Objects solution over an SAP data warehouse an advantage.
• Establish good working relationships and processes with other IT teams and business departments to smooth design, development, deployment and maintenance activity.
• Provide technical leadership and ensure the development team adhere to agreed coding and development standards. Work with Tech Designers to ensure consistent, high quality technical solutions are delivered to agreed designs,
• Generate enthusiasm within the team and encourages a positive team environment.
Across multiple projects and for maintenance activity:
o Work with stakeholders to define and communicate prioritised software development designs and plans that support objectives and strategic plans.
o Monitor and report on the progress of development against plan.
o Identify risks and issues early and rectify problems and deviations from the plan. Identify where changes in requirements have resource implications.