Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Satellite Coordinator
Will work in a multi-media Newsroom environment closely to the News Organiser and will help the delivery of the best contents on air. As Satellite Coordinator, will work in a busy Newsroom with tight deadlines and strict budgets, and will be in charge of budgeting, booking and coordinating resources from around the world.
Satellite Co-ordinators may also be required to work across a range of output, and services.
1. To book crews, satellite facilities, and circuits from around the world.
2. To prepare and reconcile special coverage budgets and produce deployments around the world in particular the Middle East and North Africa
3. To manage the Newsgathering satellite budget and produce regular financial reports for the Newsgathering Editor.
3. To be able to proactively participate in the planning, organising, booking and coordination of bureaux and third party providers facilities
4. To be prepared to assume field production responsibilities (filming, editing, coordinating or operate transmission equipment) around the Middle East, North Africa and other parts of the world when needed
5. To manage outside sources and port usage in liaison with senior editorial personnel and technical staff. To advise the senior output figure on potential conflicts in the use of outside sources.
6. To enter into the Newsroom systems metadata associated with the media. This data will include rights information relating to possible restrictions on re-uses.
7 To be familiar with different technical systems, including news production systems, to show a willingness to learn how to operate new systems and to be able to adapt to different working methods.
8. To liaise over sharing facilities and feeds.
Satellite Coordinator Job Description [cont]
9. To be a focal point of contact for the newsroom team with respect to the Newsgathering operation.
11. To work closely with the production team to manage the efficient use of Newsgathering resources including satellite costs.
12. To catalogue media onto the system and have a good understanding of the archive needs of a News library.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience of co-ordinating satellite newsgathering management, including knowledge of satellite networks and booking procedures.
• Knowledge of local market rates for satellite and crew bookings, including the ability to negotiate deals and preferential rates.
• Knowledge of the methods, resources and costing involved in digital newsgathering.
• Knowledge of the different formats of video material.
• Good interpersonal skills to establish harmonious working relationships with a variety of personalities and organisations
• Experience of production skills (camera, editing, FTP, BGAN, SNG … etc)
• Ability to communicate effectively with the Newsroom team and keep them informed on progress and to clarify production requirements.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• A strong interest in new media and new technology, in particular the application of information management skills within these areas.
• Able to demonstrate editorial awareness and an understanding of news priorities.
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment is essential. Familiarity with the Internet and an awareness of the potential of new technology is also necessary.
• A good knowledge and commitment to providing output of technical high quality.
• Able to demonstrate editorial awareness and an understanding priorities and objectives.
• Able to understand operational, journalistic and production requirements.
• The ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Broad knowledge of national & international news & current affairs.
• An awareness of Health and Safety and Security.
COMPETENCIES -Satellite Coordinator Job Description
Imagination/Creative Thinking - Is able to problem solve and be proactive in achieving editorial objectives with limited resources.
Planning and Organising - Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
Technical skills and Knowledge - good field experience and production skills
Resilience - Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy. Can work unsupervised and make decisions in a busy newsroom environment.
Influence & Persuading - Ability to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Managing Relationships & Team Working - Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Editorial Judgement - Demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding ofeditorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives.
Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
To work in the Newsroom on the Satellite Co-ord positions, working to News Organiser and helping put the best content to air, in the context of a busy newsroom working to tight deadlines and strict budgets. Book, and co-ordinate resources from around the world. An understanding of the journalistic/production aims of the output is essential