Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To schedule TV and Local Radio staff to best utilise their skills and experience across the range of duties whilst ensuring maximum business efficiency.
To proactively work with Output Editor, Newsgathering/Planning team, Production Editor and Managing Editor to ensure programme requirements are met in the most effective manner.
1. To effectively schedule staff across TV and co-sited Local Radio station in accordance with programme requirements, conditions of service and staffing template/model. To liaise with the planning/newsgathering team to ensure that forward scheduling meets future programming requirements.
2. To help develop and manage the scheduling strategies for Regional TV and Local Radio.
3. To maintain and update the scheduling system and associated intranet application.
4. To produce rotas at least 4 weeks in advance.
5. To forward schedule freelance and casual effort as required within budget constraints. To book freelance and casual effort as necessary to cover resourcing pressures at short notice and monitor contractual obligations of the business.
6. To ensure that additional hours and days worked are recorded accurately on the scheduling system and have been sanctioned at the appropriate level.
7. To produce timesheets as necessary at the end of each accounting period.
8. To complete the weekly Sickness Absence return and submit to HR Operations.
9. To assist management with the proactive control and scheduling of annual leave.
10. To ensure information in the Resbook or other scheduling system is updated within specified deadlines to allow for the production of accurate management and financial information.
11. To carry out basic finance duties including raising purchase orders for office and other supplies, and for paying freelancers and contributors.
12. To carry out a variety of general admin duties as required.
13. On occasion, to carry out some broadcast duties which may involve changes of hours at short notice.
1. Previous work experience within an administrative/scheduling role, ideally within media / broadcasting.
2. Experience of dealing with people.
3. Evidence of the ability to manage a large volume of complex and detailed information in a highly process oriented environment
4. Evidence of strong IT skills and ability to learn new software packages.
5. Ability to manage time effectively. Take a proactive approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
Scheduler job description TV
To be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the information held on the scheduling system and associated intranet application.
To effectively manage all Leave (annual, sick, domestic etc) to ensure business efficiency
To work closely with Finance and Business community to ensure Finance Deliverables are achieved