Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions-medical careers, medical software, doctor jobs
School Health Nurse
Providing an easily accessible young person friendly, clinically effective, high quality service to a defined caseload of school aged children and their families. Working in partnership with service users, parents, school staff and members of the primary health care team he/she will undertake health surveillance, health promotion and other public health duties.
• Proven experience of Community Public Health
• Experience of multi-agency working.
• Health needs assessment and analysis skills.
• Active caseload management.
• Team working.
• Safeguarding children.
• School Nursing project management.
• Aware of current research, able to apply it to
• Registered Nurse (RN, RN/dipHE, Child Branch).
• Specialist Public Health Degree (School Nursing).
• L3 Child Protection Training
• Teaching qualification, ENB 997/998, D32/33.
• Evidence of CPD.
AF / Certificates
AF / Portfolio
• Good team working.
• Good time management and organisation skills.
• Demonstrate innovative practice.
• Self motivated and self directed.
• Can demonstrate continuous learning.
• Ability to work in potentially distressing and/or
emotionally demanding circumstances.
• Self awareness.
• Team player.
• Will assess, plan, implement, audit and evaluate School Health Nursing core programme as per agreed Operational framework.
• Will participate in the development and analysis of health needs assessment and participate in the planning of services to ensure that
School Health Nurses provide a holistic approach to delivery of services to the local population.
• Assesses and interprets information and takes appropriate action including child protection issues.
Planning and Organisational Skills
• Will utilise information obtained through analysis of local population needs assessment to review, plan and adjust local service delivery.
• Identify own training needs through annual Personal Review and Development plans.
• Plans and organises negotiated client contact.
• Will plan an appropriate programme of educational and practice experience tailored to students learning needs whilst maintaining a
suitable learning environment for students on placement.
• Will maintain and develop the practical and physical skills required as an accountable, clinical practitioner, in accordance with professional codes of conduct.
• Will be able to effectively commute to other areas through out the primary care trust as required.
• Will be able to utilise computer skills.
• Will plan and implement school based immunisation programmes.
Responsibility for Patient Care
• Will actively promote the involvement of child/service users/ carers/ local community.
• Following individual needs assessment develops a programme of care for the clients.
• Will develop and maintain clear communication systems with clients and their relatives, professionals and other organisations both statutory and voluntary and the wider community. This may require negotiating/ persuasive skills, presentation skills as well as counselling skills including empathy.
• Will develop and maintain clear communication with services users and user groups, which may involve complex and potentially stressful topics including child protection.
Policy and Service Development Implementation
• Will contribute and adhere to clinical guidelines, protocols and standards within the primary care trust’s clinical governance framework.
• Will evaluate and assess progress against agreed key performance indicators.
• Will participate in the Trusts programme of clinical and health & safety risk assessments.
• Aim to influence policies affecting health within the principles of School
Responsibilities for Financial and Physical Resources
• Will be responsible for the care and maintenance of any School Health Nursing equipment and other resources necessary for implementing
School Health Nursing practice.
• Will discuss financial and physical resources with the team to utilise, clarify and resolve issues.
Responsibilities for Human Resources
• Will participate in the recruitment, selection, appointment and integration of new members of the School Health Nursing Team.
• Ensure that a system of clinical supervision is developed, implemented and audited within the School Health Nursing Team.
• Allocate/ delegate and supervise work of support staff within the School Health Nursing team.
• Will participate in an agreed appropriate model of Personal Review and Development within School Health Nursing Team identifying training
• Will pro-actively facilitate the provision and implementation of the improving working lives ethos within the School Health Nursing team
Responsibilities for Information Resources
• Will maintain School Health Nursing caseload / client records as required through clinical practice including the use of I.T documents when
• Will utilise information and data accumulated by the School Health Nursing Team to aid analysis of needs
• Will input to the IPM system with 48 hours of client contact.
Responsibilities for Research and Development
• Will participate in clinical benchmarking e.g. essence of care across the team.
• Will participate in the implementation of clinical audits relating to School
The post holder must maintain confidentiality of information relating to patients, staff and other Health Service business