Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Operations / Project Management within the Division
Business Manager job description
Secretarial Job Description
• Microsoft i.e. Word, Excel & Powerpoint skills
Nice to have:
• Flexible approach to work
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Communication skills, both verbal and with all levels in the organisation
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work unsupervised when required
• Confident approach to work
• Provide support to the Operations Manager and Project Manager
• Diary Management and planning including setting up internal and external meetings where required
• Manage Operations Manager and Project Manager’s emails
• Provide assistance in Operations Manager’s and Project Manager’s absence for external and internal interfaces with Clients and staff to ensure requests for information or issues are addressed efficiently and directed to the correct person
• Arrange travel and all associated administration i.e. processing of Barclaycard statement, expenses and business miles records, timecards, appraisals, leave requests, training, lunches
• Process any correspondence from either Department i.e Work Order Letters, Barclaycards and Expenses
• Preparation of presentations
• Coordinate and book Conference, Seminars and Meetings
• Maintenance of filing system – paper and electronic
• Manage excel spreadsheet for holiday planning for both departments
• Raise purchase orders and requisitions when required
• Coordinate the department’s meetings, attend and prepare actions
• Coordinate Client and Team Events
• Assistance in following up action items requested of others
• General administrative duties including drafting/formatting of correspondence, letters, memos, reports, project procedures, tender documents and emails
• Make travel arrangements for department personnel
• Handle telephone enquiries
• Order stationery
• Interface with Base Services and IT on team requirements
• Any other duties as requested
• Have an understanding of the Company Safety Policy and work in accordance with its requirements
• Do not indulge in any action which places yourself or others at risk and be aware of the general requirements for office safety
• Report any defects or potential hazards, such as faulty equipment, electrical wiring, damaged floor coverings etc
• Do not attempt to repair any damaged equipment or machinery
• Maintain good housekeeping and ensure floors and walkways are clear of trip hazards
• Do not attempt to lift items which are heavy, large or unstable, or could cause injury
• Report all incidents, regardless how minor
• Be aware of the first aid procedure and office first aiders
• Be aware of the office emergency procedures, fire exits, and muster points
• Take care to avoid fire risks i.e. improper storage of materials and near heaters
• Have a personal concern for the safety of yourself and others and set a good example at all times