Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
We require an effective and enthusiastic secretary to join a small administrative team providing support to the Head of Department. You will be an energetic team player with a positive and flexible approach, experience in a previous secretarial role and good IT and communication skills.
You will also contribute to maintaining personnel, finance and IT administration within the company.
Secretary job description
* a) To provide high quality support to members of the management team undertaking all relevant administrative and secretarial duties. This will include the production of complex reports, presentation and other supporting documentation, using spreadsheets, etc., as necessary.
* b) The administration and security of personnel information.
* c) To respond to telephone and other face to face enquiries dealing sensitively and confidentially.
* d) Responding appropriately to complaints, including recording information accurately.
* e) To complete audits under the guidance of Senior Managers.
* f) To assist in diary management, arranging appointments and meetings as necessary.
* g) To sort the mail for the Designated Locality / Team, taking preparatory action where appropriate.
* h) Prompt distribution of all incoming and outgoing post.
* i) To make and receive telephone calls on behalf of the Team, logging incoming calls, taking accurate messages and bringing urgent matters to the attention of staff, as appropriate.
* j) To draft correspondence, within defined and agreed boundaries.
* k) To take responsibility for ensuring that adequate stationery supplies are maintained
* l) To follow Department processes for the submission of maintenance requests as necessary.
* m) Routine photocopying of correspondence and training materials as necessary
* n) Supporting meeting structure, organising date and venue, attending meeting, preparing agenda, taking and producing minutes for Chair.
* a) To support the Department personnel administration in relation to recruitment.
* b) To supervise junior staff, including contributing to their Individual Performance Reviews
* c) To aid the recruitment of administrative and clerical staff
* d) To contribute as necessary in ensuring appropriate documentation is completed to record new starters, terminations and employment changes.
* e) To support new staff in obtaining ID swipe cards and ensuring that these are returned when staff leave.
* f) To maintain accurate sickness/absence records for the Team
* g) To maintain accurate annual leave records for the Team
* h) To contribute as necessary in maintaining an up-to-date induction folder for new staff
* a) To ensure any finance related paperwork is processed in line with policy
* b) To follow Department processes in the requisitioning of stationery, test and therapy materials and any other necessary supplies.
* c) To support staff in the administration of study leave applications and associated bookings and costs, travel expense claims and other expense forms.
* d) To ensure any invoices received and coded and then passed for authorisation
* e) To collect petty cash from the Cashier once disbursements have been signed and recorded in line with Department procedures.
1. GCE/GCSEs to include English Language
2. RSA Stage II or equivalent
3. Shorthand 100 wpm.
4. Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
5. Working towards ECDL
6. Training in Office Procedure i.e. NVQ Level 3 Business Administration, or equivalent
Secretary job description
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Organised methodical approach
2. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
3. Able to set, and work to deadlines on own initiative
4. To ensure confidentiality of client and staff data
5. Attention to detail
Previous relevant secretarial experience
1. Excellent health/attendance record
2. Enjoy working both individually and as a team member
3. Willing to travel to other locality sites if necessary to meet service demands
4. Demonstrates desire for continuous personal development
Secretary job discription
Secretary job discription
* 1. The post holder will be a member of an administrative team providing secretarial support to the Head of Department.
* 2. To contribute actively in maintaining high quality Personnel, Finance and IT administration systems.
* 4. To supervise junior staff.
* 6. Prioritise workload of self and other junior staff to provide an efficient administrative service without the need for direct supervision.
* 7. Completion of personal development plan. This will include receiving appropriate training and supervision from Manager.