Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Security Guard Job Description
Promotes and provides proactive security services to effectively provide for the safety and welfare of staff, and visitors; monitors the main lobby/entrance and other areas of grounds;
1. Controls the entrances and exits of visitors, and employees; meets and greets students, staff, and public in a positive manner.
2. Monitors various areas of grounds using multiple security cameras; maintains an awareness of vehicles entering and leaving grounds.
3. Watches for disturbances, fights, unauthorized visitors, or criminal activity. Assesses danger and calls for assistance if necessary. Intervenes to halt or prevent fights, disturbances or other incidents and diffuse threatening or confrontational situations. Helps to ensure order is restored
4. Communicates policies and enforcement procedures
5. Issues visitor passes; assists authorized visitors and directs to proper personnel/department.
6. Confronts unauthorized persons for questioning; routes or detains them; issues trespass warnings
7. Warns violators of rule infractions and detains persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
8. Reports any inappropriate activities or unauthorized persons
9. Checks hall passes
10. Escorts visitors as may be required
12. Assists n the loading and unloading of vehicles
13. Establishes and maintains satisfactory, respectful working relationships with the environment.
14. Maintains complete, accurate, and legible records related to assigned activities.
16. Maintains a commitment to ongoing professional development; participates in professional organizations
17. Adheres to a high level of safety practices.
18. Testifies at district or judicial proceedings as needed.
19. Maintains an attractive and comfortable reception area.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATION
1. Commissioned as a law enforcement officer.
2. Minimum of three years experience in a law enforcement-related field.
3. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to
perform the essential functions of the position.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may deem appropriate or acceptable.
1. Ability to write reports and correspondence consistent with the duties of this position.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a diverse setting both in oral and written form using a variety of
communication techniques and tools to ensure the appropriate flow of information, collaborative efforts, and
3. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information.
4. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions, inquiries, and/or complaints.
5. Displays courtesy, tact, and respect when dealing with others.
1. Ability to perform basic math using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals consistent with the duties of
2. Sufficient math skills to record distances, numbers, and times.
1. Ability to interpret and apply a common sense understanding to a variety of instructions and information furnished
in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
2. Ability to quickly and objectively identify and define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
2. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
3. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; demonstrates a commitment to teamwork.
4. Ability to learn and properly utilize various machines/equipment especially as machines/equipment are upgraded.
5. Ability to learn and upgrade job skills in order to meet changing demands of the position.
6. Ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, work with frequent
interruptions, and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism.
7. Extensive knowledge of and ability to perform duties in full compliance with all state
and federal laws, methods, requirements, policies, procedures, and activities pertinent to the duties of this position.
8. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
9. Ability to use independent judgment and demonstrates initiative to act without being asked.
10. Ability to use appropriate defense measures to protect self or others in adverse situations.
11. Basic procedural understanding of criminal law and criminal procedures with particular reference to the
apprehension, arrest and custody of persons committing misdemeanors and felonies, including rules of evidence
pertaining to the seizure and preservation of evidence.
12. Understanding of and skill at applying basic interview techniques, vehicle operations and safe driving practices,
standard broadcasting procedures, and crowd, vehicle, and pedestrian control.
13. Ability to administer first aid in emergency situations.
14. Sensitive to cultural differences among individuals and groups of persons.
15. Sufficient human relation skills to resolve confrontation, affect behavior of others, and convey a positive image of
16. Ability to observe accurately, recalling faces, names, descriptive characteristics, and facts of incidents and places.
17. Broad base of knowledge regarding youth, social issues, and the criminal justice system.
18. Knowledge of the court system and presentation of evident in court proceedings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perfor