Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Security Officer job description
To protect life and property
a. Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent safety hazards, theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
b. Circulates among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
c. Patrols industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of
doors, windows, and gates.
2. Responds to Emergency Situations such as Fire, Chemical Spills, Medical Emergencies, Bomb Threats, Explosions
and Answers alarms and investigates disturbances.
a. Communicates with police, and fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire
b. Provides emergency medical assistance to occupants of client’s property.
3. Provides customer service in accordance with established standards and expectations.
a. Provides escort services for occupants of client property, as requested.
b. Provides public assistance, including lockout and other services and information.
4. Makes immediate reports to designated company and client personnel as outlined.
5. Answers telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non- business hours or
when switchboard is closed.
6. Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of
unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
7. Warns persons of rule infractions or violations, and evicts violators from premises, using force when necessary.
8. Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and
maintain security/safety of premises.
9. May be required to operate company or client owned vehicles, providing safe and efficient transportation as required.
10. Performs all miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Experience and General Requirements:
• 21 Years of age or older.
• 1 Year of verifiable work experience.
• High School Graduate or General Equivalency Diploma Required.
• State Certification for Security Guards Eight Hour Pre-Assignment Course; company may provide if not
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of
composition, and grammar
o Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
o Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
o Ability to understand and follow safety instructions.
o Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn, laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive
orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
o Ability to resolve client and client employee complaints and concerns.
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn, public safety, and security operations, rules, regulations, precautions, prevention,
and the protection of people, data, and property
o Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
o Ability to drive motor vehicles
o Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks
Moderate physical ability:
• Handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds.
• Standing, sitting and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
• Safely perform emergency evacuation carry of an average sized adult.
• Full rotational and bending of joints and/or neck without limitation.
• Climb stairs, ladders or maneuver walkways.
• Others as required by the assignment.
Conditions of Employment:
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, physical examination/medical history check.
• A valid driver's license within the state of employment will be required if a motor vehicle must be operated on the job.
• Is accepted by, or in the possession of the appropriate licensing for assigned state.
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Candidate must submit to and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening