Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
What strange things do people put on application forms? How do you tell someone that they smell? What funny things happen to HR Managers? What happens with personal relationships in the office? What sorts of thefts, fiddles and criminals did you come across? What strange disciplinaries have you dealt with? Does work and personal life ever collide?
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
The role requires an excellent knowledge of Perl, web frameworks (Catalyst, Mason, TT) RESTful web services, security, caching, designing for performance, mySql and web standards, along with proven experience of working in a mixed discipline team on large scale web application projects. Knowledge and experience with large scale social media applications is also an advantage.
* * To write advanced, world-class code using object oriented Perl, Apache, mySql, memcached and other server side technologies to create dynamic web applications with multiple data serialisations
* * To design and implement reusable object-oriented code and subsystems using modern modelling techniques such as Design Patterns
* * To write unit and functional tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
* * To write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation - including for APIs and other interfaces
* * To liaise with the product manager to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
* * Significant experience working with Perl in a web application context.
* * Demonstrable competence in one or more established web frameworks (eg Catalyst, Mason, TT, Zope, Django, Spring).
* * Strong familiarity with Apache API, mySql and DBIx.
* * Knowledge of modern debates in software engineering including dynamic vs static languages, ORM, SOA/ROA/WOA etc.
* * Ability to work in an unstructured, fast changing environment with rapid release cycles.
* * Proven experience of project working and commercial web development processes - particularly Agile methodologies
* * Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
* * An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
* * Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own
* * Experience of software quality practice -e.g. TDD, continuous integration, version control automation, software metrics
Senior Software Developer Perl job description
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
* * Memcached, Lucene, OpenSocial API experience
* * PHP/Java/C# experience
* * CPAN / FLOSS contributions
* * Amazon simpleDB, CouchDB, MapReduce or any experience with Object DBs
* * Experience with functional languages
Senior Software Developer Perl job description [cont]
* * Planning and organising - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
* * Communication - able to get the message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
* * Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
* * Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
* * Developing others - able to recognise potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realised.
* * Resilience - manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
* * Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in the organisation or job requirements.
* * Creative Thinking - able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
* * Strategic thinking â€“ able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
* * Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
Senior Software Developer job description
* * To work with web service developer, system administrators, information architects and client side developers to develop fast and dynamic web applications.
* * To work with all relevant parties on the deployment of applications to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments.
* * To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all business online output.
* * To monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the senior developers on a regular basis.
* * To work to the business policy on Health and Safety