Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Senior Software Engineer Job Description
An experienced, professional and enthusiastic software developer to join a world-class team working on a variety of ORGANISATION Online products and services in the areas of location and mapping. The role requires extensive experience of software development and web frameworks, RESTful web services, security, caching, architecting for performance, relational databases and web standards, along with proven experience of working in a mixed discipline team on large scale web application projects.
• Work with Technical Architect to specify, design and implement service tier components that are efficient, scaleable, well abstracted and employ a mix of server side technologies
• Build comprehensive unit and functional test coverage using automated test driven techniques to ensure code quality
• Write, review and take responsibility for technical documentation
• Work with closely with PHP developers to ensure seamless integration between service and page assembly layers
• Gain familiarity with PHP codebase in order to aid problem diagnosis
• Liaise with senior technical staff to explore and suggest strategic technical solutions for the development of location and mapping technology
• Be responsible for deployments to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments
• Ensure software conforms to operational requirements of hosting environments
• Work with test and operations teams to troubleshooting and resolve issues throughout the life cycle, co-ordinating software engineers activities as required
• Review application performance, logging and monitoring systems to identify performance trends and predict possible future problems
• Assess impact of any problems and support the proper prioritisation of remedial work
• Be responsible for your work quality and process as well as that of others, ensuring it meets the teams and ORGANISATION Online technical standards and guidelines
• Monitor work against the production schedule closely, provide progress update reports and manage any issues or technical difficulties with senior colleagues on a regular basis
• Learn new and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects as applicable
• Extensive experience writing software for large scale Java web applications
• Demonstrable competence in one or more mainstream OO web development frameworks
• Experience of developing code within a UNIX environment
• Demonstrable experience of using relevant Open Source technologies
• Extensive experience of relational database and SQL query design
• Experience of RESTful web service design
• At ease working in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles
• Extensive experience of project working and professional web development processes
• Experience of Agile development methodologies
• Extensive experience of working in a test-driven development environment
• An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
• Experience of version control automation
• Extensive experience of writing monitoring hooks and using performance benchmarking tools
• Extensive experience of writing secure code
• Familiarity with or an interest in learning other programming languages
• Experience with PHP
• Experience of advanced database techniques
• Experience of using Continuous Integration
• Familiarity with XML technologies
• Familiarity with UNIX system administration, networking
• Familiarity with implementing concepts from Geographical Information Systems in a web environment
• Experience of spatial databases such as Postgres/PostGIS (or equivalent)