Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Qualifications, skills and abilities required
* A demonstrable capability in the management, development or support of a major Service Monitoring Framework, in particular experience of working with IBM Tivoli.
* Evidence of Drive and Commitment with a history of delivery in an Application Support and Development role, demonstrating the use of best practice in Application Support and Service Management, or service design and development.
* An excellent verbal and written communicator, including being able to write clear supporting documentation and reports.
* Good working knowledge and understanding of Service management, working toward ITIL practitioner status.
* Evidence of displaying the United behaviour through good team working, enhancing the collective output of that team.
* Demonstrable experience of Unix/Linux shell and Perl scripting.
* Knowledge of both Linux and Windows operating systems.
* Degree in IT or Computing, a related discipline.
* Knowledge of Tivoli products e.g. Tivoli Framework, Tivoli Enterprise Console, Tivoli Enterprise Portal, ITM6.2, Tivoli Data Warehouse, Tivoli Common Reporting, BIRT report designer, ACP log file monitoring.
* SQL knowledge, familiarity with oracle and SQL Server.
* Knowledge of networks and cross-firewall communications.
* Project management awareness - For example, Prince 2 and DSDM Atern Agile project management.
* Good understanding of Met Office systems and infrastructure.
* A participant in the British Computer Society (BCS) Professional Development Scheme (PDS), or willing to become a participant.
Senior Tivoli Developer job description
Work closely with their Team Leader and with the Application Support Lead to ensure that the service both meets existing expectation but also continues to evolve to meet the changing business requirements and will provide technical support in the enhancement and ongoing management of the Service Monitoring Services
* Ensure that all business processes (including ITIL processes) and work instructions and development guidance associated with the Service Monitoring tools supported, and developed, by the team are followed, to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources in line with priorities.
* Support the Team in the delivery of the Service Monitoring applications to agreed OLA/SLAs and best practice standards for both support and development of the services.
* Support the Team in the practise of Business Continuity plans as appropriate for each Service Monitoring Service managed by the team.
* Ensure that records and Capacity plans for all services in the domain are maintained.
* Provide support and mentoring to other team members to encourage skills development and the use of appropriate best practice in the enhancement and delivery of Service.
* Keep up to date with developments in the business, supporting the TIS Programme Management in preparing for and communicating change.
* Keep up to date with the technical evolution of the technology of Service Monitoring, current best practice in both the support and development of applications and support the Sub-Programme management in ensuring that the forward looking plans are fit for purpose.
* Deputise for the Team Leader - Service Monitoring as necessary.