Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
SharePoint Administrator Job Description
The SharePoint Administrator manages all aspects of the SharePoint environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
SHARE POINT ADMINISTRATION 100%
1.1 Oversee the SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment – taking the lead role in implementing SharePoint across the organisation. Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure
1.2 Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (Upgraded Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems).
1.3 Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections. Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore and issue resolution.
1.4 Technical support of InfoPath forms, including communicating the location of form libraries, their purpose and workflows.
1.5 Coordinate with divisions in standardizing and optimizing the way data/information is stores and retrieved.
1.6 Work with IT Project Managers and Business Analysts to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution. Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit test, system test and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
1.7 Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis; as well as perform as the SharePoint Subject Matter Expert (SME). Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS,etc).
1.8 Use judgment and creativity to design coding approach to meet requirements/specifications as provided by business analysts and software development managers.
1.9 Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for
SharePoint (MOSS 2007) solutions.
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
• Three to Five years’ experience working with SharePoint Platform(with recent experience using MOSS 2007) in an administrative capacity
• Expertise and experience with complex technical activities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
• Technical creativity
• Strong understanding of MS SharePoint Architecture (MOSS 2007)
• CRM Development and Support experience preferred
• Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, InfoPath, Workflow, Visual SourceSafe, and SharePoint Designer
• Working knowledge of various web design/graphic design tools (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methods
• Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project applications