Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
This role is to support in ensuring that the company information is protected, in accordance with the needs of the business and according to Information Security principles of availability, integrity and confidentiality.
Essentials of the role:
Good knowledge of IT Security best practices;
Good infrastructure and technology background including demonstrable understanding of security operations;
Good communication skills both written and verbal;
Good knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments;
Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance;
Proven technical ability in Unix/Linux/etc;
Proven technical ability in Microsoft Windows;
Proven technical ability in networking systems.
Proven experience in the operation of SIEM technologies;
Experience in operating Splunk or similar big data forensic technologies;
Experience in operating VMware implementations;
Understanding of ISMS concepts;
Relevant Degree in advanced studies in Information Security, preferred but not essential
CISSP, preferred but not essential
Other relevant technical professional qualifications preferred but not essential
Any relevant research material in Information Security
Free Job description SOC Analyst
SCOPE OF ROLE – KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Help to build relationships with teams to understand current and future security threats and vulnerabilities with the support of the SOC Specialist.
2. Work with the operation of current and future toolsets that will support the SOC, as per current understanding of future scenarios; namely alerting, monitoring and reporting at the request of the SOC Specialist.
3. Assisting in the development of long and short term technical capabilities, including software and hardware requirements; gathering business requirements; developing initial findings and working to agree a prioritised list of technical capabilities and projects;
4. Support SOC Specialists delivering the SOC capabilities to the business.
1. Ensure that SOC delivery for Information Security aligns with policies, related standards and guideline at the request of the Governance Specialist.
2. Assist in the delivery of Information Security consultancy across a wide range of technology issues to technology and business leaders and their teams
1. Assist the SOC Specialist in ensuring all relevant technical standards and policy documentation is reviewed and maintained thought-out each if the SOC technical capabilities.
2. Assist in ensuring the all relevant request forms for each of the SOC capabilities have been completed correctly, assessed and actioned in a timely manner under the supervision of the SOC Specialist.
1. Assist the SOC Specialist with the management of technical relationships with key personnel within technology providers and ensure that all issues or problems are followed up and dealt with appropriately;
2. Represent the Information Security team at internal and external meetings and forums as agreed by the SOC Manager and Specialist.
SCOPE OF ROLE – KEY METRICS
5. Reports directly to SOC Specialist and SOC Manager
6. Required to communicate and collaborate at technical levels of the corporation, and externally under the supervision on the SOC Specialist.
3rd Party Relationships:
7. Limited requirement to liaise with and manage outsourced Service Providers
8. Limited requirement to represent at supplier and industry forums.
Planning and Organising:
Expected to organise their own workload within the parameters set by SOC Specialist
Health & Safety:
Normal office staff requirements.
This role also supports the technical implementation of the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolset.