Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
This role is to support in ensuring that the company information is protected, in accordance with the needs of the business and according to Information Security principles of availability, integrity and confidentiality.
Essentials of the role:
Excellent knowledge of IT Security best practices;
Broad infrastructure and technology background including demonstrable understanding of security operations in mission critical environments;
Good communication skills both written and verbal;
Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills;
Proven experience in operating SIEM systems in mission critical environments;
In-depth knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments;
Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance;
Proven technical ability and experience in Unix/Linux/etc;
Proven technical ability and experience with Microsoft Windows;
Proven technical ability with networking systems.
Experience of performance management/managing people
Proven experience in the operation and management of SIEM technologies;
Experience in operating and managing Splunk or similar big data forensic technologies;
Experience in operating VMware implementations;
Understanding of ISMS concepts;
Ability to convey and explain complex technical information to technical staff.
Relevant Degree in advanced studies in Information Security, preferred but not essential
CISSP, preferred but not essential
Other relevant technical professional qualifications preferred but not essential
Any relevant research material in Information Security
Free Job description SOC Specialist
Management and Reporting:
1. Responsible for the day to day management of SOC Analysts
2. Reports directly to the SOC Manager
1. Responsible for building relationships with teams across the company to understand current and future security threats and vulnerabilities at the direction of the SOC Manager.
2. Steer work on the design and operation of current and future toolsets that will support the SOC development, as per current understanding of future scenarios; namely alerting, monitoring and reporting.
3. Accountable for the development of long and short technical capabilities, including software and hardware requirements; gathering business requirements; developing initial findings and working to agree a prioritised list of technical capabilities and projects with the assistance of the SOC Analyst.
4. Support SOC development roadmap by delivering SOC capabilities to the business and championing new ideas and initiatives to help improve new and existing capabilities
1. Responsible for ensuring that SOC delivery for Information Security is aligned with ISGC policies, related standards and guidelines.
2. Deliver Information Security related consultancy across a wide range of technology issues to technology and business leaders and their teams across various departments within the business.
1. Make recommendations to various project teams and sponsors across the business with regard to Security Monitoring requirements and log data feeds that will need to feed into the SOC when new business functions are conceived to ensure all the Information Security requirements are captured at the earliest opportunity.
2. Responsible for ensuring all relevant technical standards and policy documentation is reviewed and maintained thought-out each if the SOC technical capabilities
3. Responsible for ensuring that relevant request forms for each of the SOC capabilities have been completed correctly, assessed and actioned in a timely manner.
1. Manage technical relationships with key personnel to ensure that all work is aligned to help deal with any issues or problems and the same are followed up and dealt with appropriately.
2. Represent the Information Security team at internal and external meetings and forums as agreed by the SOC Manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE – KEY METRICS
1. Required to communicate and collaborates at all technical levels throughout the corporation, and with external parties.
3rd Party Relationships:
2. Requirement to liaise with and manage outsourced Service Providers.
3. Requirement to represent the corporation at supplier and industry forums.
Planning and Organising:
1. Expected to organise their own workload within the parameters set by the SOC Manager
Health & Safety:
2. Normal office staff requirements apply
This role also supports the technical implementation of the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolset.