Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Software Engineer Monitoring job description
To work within the Monitoring team for Digital Distribution and Operations; to be responsible for developing and delivering software systems, tools, integrating existing packages and enhancing them as well as working extensively with third party products.
• To be responsible for the delivery of assigned projects on the Monitoring Roadmap.
• To be a technical authority within the Monitoring group and within the wider ORGANISATION.
• To maintain and improve the standards within the Monitoring group and to evangelise good practice.
• To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance to ORGANISATION Future Media and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed.
• To assist with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams
• To work with the technical teams, product owners and 3rd party supplier to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with the technical strategy.
• To provide technical consultancy and advice to the technical and management teams as required.
• Extensive technical knowledge of large-scale, web service technologies from a developer and networking perspective – to include development, distribution and streaming
• Extensive commercial Java programming experience and Object Oriented system design.
• Experience interfacing to and managing Relational Databases
• Track record of developing architectural or mission critical software to an agreed plan and delivering on that plan.
• Demonstrable knowledge and hands-on operational experience of existing and emerging technologies. Able to harness their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of the ORGANISATION’s internet infrastructure.
• Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
• Be able to draw upon first hand-on experience with operational practice to improve or refine designs and architectures.
• Knowledge of software engineering methodologies as well as experience of using SCM tools such as source control, issue tracking and automated build systems
Additionally, successful candidates are expected to demonstrate one or more of the following competencies:
• Proven experience managing service performance monitoring on one or more platforms (web, mobile, TV enabled devices) with special emphasis on end-user experience: including setup of key performance indicator checks and alerting systems, analysing data and presenting trend reports.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Experience of Spring and Hibernate
• Specific knowledge of Subversion, Jira, Confluence, Maven and Hudson.
• Previous experience utilising third party commercial end user experience monitoring tools e.g. Gomez, Keynote is an advantage.
• Past experience in UNIX system administration is desirable
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
• Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally as well as excellent internal / customer communication skills.
• Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
• Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
• Ability to adjust and re-plan development for technical and non-technical reasons and carry out that plan with the cooperation of the team.
• Good team player, proactive, self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate all of these competencies:
Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into their component parts. Can explore and evaluate them systematically, can identify causal relationships and construct frameworks for problem solving and/or development.
Ability to create a vision and inspire others to realise it irrespective of circumstances.
Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Influencing and Persuading:
Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
Demonstrates a pro-active approach. Does more than is required or expected in the job, to improve or enhance job results or avoid problems.
Concern for Results:
Demonstrates a pro-active approach and shows concern to work effectively or to compete against a standard of excellence. This may be an individual’s own past performance, an objective measure, the performance of others, goals etc.
Planning and Organising:
Ability to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues such as deadlines, staffing and resource requirements. Proactive approach to continuous improvement.