Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
The Procurement Division (PD) is responsible for the company Procurement Strategy and its effective implementation.
Within the Division the Strategy and Supplier Development Team is responsible for developing and implementing policies covering the selection of suppliers, performance measurement, commodity purchase and related internal and external liaison with business areas and key suppliers.
* - Assist in the development of a company wide Category Purchase Strategy for commodities.
* - Managing strategic relationships with key suppliers and industry bodies.
* - Developing and maintaining documentation in support of key Supplier and Development initiatives.
* - Management of key project governance documentation for key Supplier and Development initiatives.
* - Provide support to the project board and checkpoints for Projects.
* - Supporting the co-ordination and facilitation of data handling contract requirements with PD policy owners and Information Directorate.
* - Represent the company in internal and external forums.
The candidate should hold or be willing to work towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply "Certificate of Competence in Purchasing and Supply". Essential:
1. A strong proven track-record in leading major procurement exercises (inviting/selecting tenders, managing contracts) and/or contract development work and/or developing suppliers.
2. A proven track-record in making a significant contribution towards developing and improving the procurement function.
3. Computer literacy using Microsoft Office products, such as, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
1. Experience of highways procurement and project management.
Programme and Project Management
1. - Leads the management of projects, defining project plans, managing reporting mechanisms and identifying and managing risks.
2. - Defines clear project or programme outcomes as part of business case development, and reviews progress against them regularly.
Supply Chain Manager job description
Analysis and Use of Evidence
1. - Uses a wide range of evidence from diverse sources to identify problems, understand them, and develop effective solutions.
2. - Understands the strengths and weaknesses of different kinds of evidence and data, and reflects this in decision-making.
Financial and Resource Management
1. - Uses (or procures) financial and economic analysis to determine financial impact and develop effective plans.
2. - Allocates, monitors and adjusts resources to meet changing delivery needs.
Communicating and Marketing
1. - Defines key messages and communications and marketing strategies, which reflect different audiences.
2. - Persuasively presents sensitive and complex issues at the highest levels.
1. - Communicates the strategic vision clearly, adopts a corporate approach and inspires the team to achieve its goals.
2. - Authorises and encourages the team to invest time to come up with improved ways of doing things.
Supply Chain Manager Job Description [cont]
* - Supporting preparation of briefings and papers on procurement issues for the Procurement Management Group, PD Director, Board Directors and CEO.
* - Management of key risks on behalf of the Procurement division.
* - Involvement in a number of internal initiatives and working groups and making presentations to large audiences.