Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Team Administrator job description
To provide a comprehensive and effective administrative, secretarial service to the locality CSU Team and provides support to staff across the Unit as a whole. In particular, responsible for servicing meetings with clients and providers.
1. Provides a full administrative and secretarial support to staff within theTeam using appropriate software packages within set timescales and to a high standard of accuracy and presentation.
2. Processes and validates invoices
1) checking for accuracy databases
2) checking for charge accuracy against the Payment by Results tariff
3) coding of invoices to correct budgets and
4) uploads invoices to financial systems for pay
ment. The post holder will be required to provide training to other members of the team in this area.
3. Assists the contracting teams in the performance monitoring of providers, through obtaining and assimilating data (both qualitative and quantitative) and this may include visiting provider’s premises and taking part in audits of the provider’s information, including gathering information on processes and procedures.
4. Deals appropriately with a range of enquiries from a variety of sources by e mail, telephone or in person, prioritising the requests, on behalf of senior team members, and taking any necessary follow up action and messages or re directing as necessary. The enquiries may be sensitive and complex. Prepares and distributes responses without reference.
1. Diploma or similar knowledge gained through experience of administering a range of procedures and systems and the non routine issues arising from these equivalent to BTEC
2. ECDL or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
1. A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to produce documents to a high standard of presentation
2. Previous experience of working in a pressurised deadline driven environment
3. At least 2 years previous experience of working in a busy office environment
4. Experience of processing invoices and checking their validity against databases
1. Ability to input data accurately onto computerised databases which may included national websites and local systems
2. Ability to work on own initiative
3. Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
4. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels using e-mail, telephone or in person and to deal with confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
5. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and contribute to the success of the team
6. Attention to detail and able to see tasks through to completion
7. Advanced and accurate keyboard skills for producing reports, spreadsheets and correspondence etc. Data entry and touch typing skills.
8. Understands work related boundaries and appropriately refers matters to senior colleagues
9. Commitment to provide a quality service
10. Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the department
11. Deals effectively with competing demands
12. Ability to train and advise staff on the use of computerised systems
13. Ability to manage non routine enquiries without immediate supervision
14. Ability to build effective working relationships with a range of staff and managers
15. Utilisation of databases and spreadsheets to produce documents and reports to a high standard of presentation.
16. Ability to prioritise enquiries (both written and verbal) on behalf of senior team members
5. Proactively organises and prioritises workload managing own time effectively, highlighting problems and proposing possible solutions within existing resources. Seeks appropriate guidance when necessary.
6. Manages diaries and electronic schedules, arranging appointments and prioritising competing needs.
7. Opens, screens and distributes mail alerting managers to urgent issues. Compiles and sends without reference responses to routine correspondence.
8. Arranges a variety of events & meetings involving internal and external agencies using initiative to produce agendas in advance, attend meetings, take minutes and co-ordinate follow up action points.
9. Arranges events, books appropriate venues and hospitality and undertakes associated administrative tasks.
10. Establishes and maintains appropriate databases and staff records, completes sickness and absence returns within set timescales, maintains annual leave records and alerts managers of any potential cover arrangements required.
11. Meets and greets visitors providing a welcoming environment and offering refreshments.
12. Calculates and issues annual leave records for staff maintaining accurate records using relevant databases.
13. Prepares regular and non routine papers and reports undertaking initial research as required.
14. Undertakes ad hoc research projects as requested.
15. Develops and maintains effective and efficient office systems including bring forward, central and individual filing systems.
16. Organises meetings and prepares agendas and papers.
17. Maintains a comprehensive filing system both hard copy and electronically.
18. Maintains a tracking system ensuring deadlines are met for contract meetings.
19. Undertakes any other duties at the request of a manager which are commensurate with this role including project work, internal job rotation and absence cover.
20. Works as a member of the team in a supportive, co-operative manner, sharing information and liaising with colleagues to provide support and cover when required.
21. Deals with enquiries from staff across the CSU in terms of the location of policies, procedures and documentation advising as appropriate.
22. Delegated budget responsibility including following procedures to raise cheques and invoices and code expenditure.
23. Deals with issues and enquiries with a high level of complexity as experience develops within the scope and level of the post.
24. To work closely with other Administrators and the PA to the Director of SCSU.
25. Establishes a good working knowing knowledge of the various contracts in the portfolio of the supported Account Team.