Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Technical Architect Job Description
Defining the technical strategy for a product area, and to ensure that this fits with the wider company strategies.
The technical architect must ensure that the product and relevant technology enablers meet both functional and non-functional requirements, and ensure that a product is of a high quality from a technology point of view.
● To be an authority within the product portfolio responsible for the technical specification of projects and choice of technology including the development, integration, testing, infrastructure used and ongoing operational maintenance.
● To interpret product and project requirements and translate these into solutions that can be implemented by the development teams
● To promote the re-use of code, components, and systems in order to ensure that these support the widest range of company products possible and are aligned with technical strategy.
● To ensure that products delivered are supportable, cost effective, meet the department’s strategic business needs, and align to the departmental technical strategy.
● To be a technical authority within a product area.
● To produce clear technical design documentation and diagrams detailing existing and proposed technical architectures.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
● Extensive proven experience in specifying, developing and deploying architectures and infrastructure for software applications in a new media multi-tiered application environment
● Experience in defining and developing high-volume, horizontally scalable architectures.
● Experience in defining, developing, or integrating search systems, leveraging very large data sets, and a thorough understanding of search technologies is required
● Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery.
● A broad knowledge of existing and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance the performance and robustness of a technical architecture.
● Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
● Translate business and feature requirements into technical specifications
● Experience of communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
● Experience evaluating new technologies for their appropriateness to proposed solutions, including assessing their strategic and/or tactical benefit to the product or wider department
● Interest in open data, web standards and semantic web.
● Working knowledge of linked data principles.
● Thorough understanding of how the web works.
Desirable skills and experience
● A background in software engineering, database design, or software design and architecture.
● Demonstrable experience developing software in a SOA paradigm
● Experience of the following is highly desirable: Java, PHP, scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl) and web technologies ( LAMP, SQL), as well as RESTful web services, XQuery, JMS, memcache, Apache httpd server, Tomcat, Cocoon, Linux, HTTP, mod_perl, MySQL, XSLT
● In-depth knowledge of large scale database design and optimisation
● A solid understanding of how to work with different text encodings
● Experience working with structured data formats (e.g. RDF, ATOM, XML)
● Experience leading a technical or multi-disciplinary team
● Experience of supplier management, particularly in procuring agencies or outsource providers to execute software architectures or application designs.
● A knowledge of company products, output, or infrastructure would be an advantage
● To assist the Chief Architect in defining the technical strategy.
● Along with the Chief Architect, to drive and represent the technology strategy to the rest of company.
● To assist the Product Manager by advising on product road-maps to achieve strategic goals.
● To provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to the development teams and management on matters of technical architecture and infrastructure developments, including their feasibility.
● To assist with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams.
● To build effective relationships with other technical teams.
● To align architectural solutions with other product groups including collaboration on solution design to ensure fit-for-purpose end-to-end solutions.
● To analyse existing and future product volumetrics and ensure that the architecture is fit for purpose.
● To make significant contributions to the two-way dialogue with platform & operations teams about the ongoing development of the platform strategy.