Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Technical Support Job Description
Provide a high quality and professional 1st, 2nd and 3rd line desktop support service to all computer users. This will include call logging, reactive support calls, planned maintenance as well as new installations and project work.
Ensure that all works are accurately logged and updated on the IS Service Desk system and that customers are kept informed of the progress of works.
1) Providing a quality 1st, 2nd and 3rd line desktop technical support service to the IS department’s customers. This may be in person or via remote methods and will include call logging, reactive support calls, planned maintenance as well as new installations and project work
2) Logging, updating and closing calls in a professional manner ensuring that call detail is accurate and extensive enough to be used effectively by anyone in IS for purposes ranging from support provision through to call review and statistical analysis.
3) Plan, develop, manage and implement projects relating to technical and desktop support throughout their complete life cycle.
4) Ensuring that all calls, queries and service comments (complaints & commendations) are actioned, classified and processed in accordance with IS Department and standing procedures.
5) Ensure that all technical works are undertaken in accordance with IS policies and procedures. The postholder will be expected to provide input into the formulation and ongoing development of IS procedures and policies.
6) Ensure that workload is properly investigated, planned and executed.
7) Ensure that role and it’s outputs are performed within the spirit of Teamwork and accountability for one’s own actions.
8) Provide the outputs of the role as required at any site.
9) The postholder will be expected to make themselves available for reasonable amounts of overtime as required by the operational situation.
10) Assist the department’s customers and other members of IS where appropriate, by providing advice and education in an effective manner where required and as appropriate.
11) Provide input into the formulation and on going development of IS procedures affecting the sphere of Desktop Technical Support.
12) Provide advice to others within the IS department on issues relating to Desktop Technical Support.
13) Assist with the planning and management of project work within the Desktop Technical Support Team
14) Maintain a clean, safe and tidy office and working environment.
15) Maintain a calm and professional approach under all circumstances.
16) Assist with the management of the Desktop Technical Support Team in the absence of the Desktop Technical Support Manager.
1. Acquired qualifications/work experience relevant to job.
• Good general education
• Good general level of numeracy and literacy
(This would typically include GCSE’s in English Language & Mathematics or equivalent standard)
• Previous experience of working in a customer service environment
• At least 4 years previous experience of 1st and 2nd line desktop technical support
• Previous experience of using Service Desk software
• Technical knowledge to a standard equivalent to Microsoft MCITP
2. Skills, Knowledge, Innate Abilities e.g * Special aptitudes
* Continuous improvement
* Client care
* Learning and development
* Team working
* Planning and organisation
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Good telephone manner
• Able to prioritise and manage own workload
• Team worker
• Customer Service ethos
• Excellent knowledge of client IT hardware (PC’s, Printers, Scanners) and software
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Good Administration and Process skills
• “Self Starter”
Provide technical advice to others within the Support Services section on issues affecting desktop technical support and help develop and maintain certain IS policies and procedures.