Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Technical Support Officer job description
By prioritising and responding to helpdesk calls, the post holder will provide 1st and 2nd line support for the The organisation IT systems, desktop devices and peripherals within thethe building and at off-site locations.
To support the delivery of IT systems and services in thethe building and community assisting with customer support, system training and technical queries.
Liaise with both internal and external agencies for the installation, configuration and maintenance of new and current systems.
1. Supports the day-to-day running of the first and second line support of the IT function and maintains the The organisation’s systems to ensure seamless and continuous provision of accurate information.
2. Supports the community based systems to ensure that any issues are addressed promptly, users are fully trained in the use of the systems and any data quality/Information Governance problems are immediately addressed.
3. Implements the relevant parts of the The organisation’s IM & T Security Policy, and ensures that all computer security procedures are followed at all times, to maintain confidentiality and the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
4. Advises on and configures PCs and other equipment to ensure that new equipment is configured to meet user requirements. Including the development/use of centralized administration and distribution.
5. Meets agreed service levels and response rates, records all work carried out on the HEAT helpdesk system. Ensures that colleagues are kept aware of faults, progress and scheduled maintenance.
6. Develops relationships with end users and clients to provide timely identification and understanding of user requirements and enhance IM&T’s ability to respond to them.
7. Ensures maximum benefits are achieved from all IT hardware/software by keeping up to date on advances in this field.
8. Makes sure all procedures for maintenance/change control of systems have been documented.
9. Maintains and develops relationships with external service providers and organisations to ensure the continued support of the The organisation’s systems.
10. Installation of PCs/laptops or other equipment including software images.
11. Liase and assist Network Support with Firewall, Browsing and Virus protection and the transport protocols between PCs, Servers and switches.
12. Participates in the IT Services On-Call Rota, to ensure a continuous and seamless service to end-users.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
1. Develop sound working relationships with other teams within the department, sharing knowledge and experiences, providing presentations and assisting with all aspects of Customer Support and training.
2 years experience of supporting PC based client-server systems.
Substantial technical skills in PC hardware maintenance, all desktop devices and operating systems. Experience of installing and troubleshooting a wide range of software applications.
Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist qualification, or equivalent e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Novell Administrator.
Knowledge of THE ORGANISATION / The organisation’s Systems
Sound general education, including English and Mathematics at GCSE level or equivalent.
Robust analytical approach to all technical problems and methodical problem solving skills.
Substantial experience of working as an effective member of a technical team in an unsupervised manner.
Knowledge of Information Technology and the ability to quickly learn new systems and procedures. Being prepared to work to higher levels of IT qualifications.
Practical experience of following and applying system security, information governance and IT policies and ensuring users adhere to these.
Must be capable of working alone and making judgements about how to resolve or escalate faults.
Flexible to work outside normal working hours as determined by planned or emergency work. Participation on an out of hours rota.
Knowledge of networking with TCP/IP principles
Working towards or completed Microsoft Certified IT Professional or equivalent e.g. MSCE/CNE.
2. Deliver practical training to users and colleagues in area of own expertise e.g. sharing knowledge on new compter systems, training users on use of clinical systems.
3. Promote quality, integrity and security throughout the The organisation and present a positive image of the IT Department. Provide full support for the The organisation’s IT Strategy and associated policies.
4. Demonstrate and encourage a strong Customer Focus to provide users with an understanding and helpful service.
5. The ability to communicate effectively with users, convey and influence new ideas and articulate user requirements.
1. Other IT Services Department staff.
2. Staff within Corporate Departments.
3. A variety of staff at all levels throughout the organisation, incorporating managers and administrative staff.
1. Travelling to community locations delivering end users support
2. Liaising with Information and IT Departments and staff across the THE ORGANISATION.
3. Maintaining relationships with Software and hardware suppliers.
4. Maintenance providers.