Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Technical Support Specialist
This post will be responsible for the specialist technical support across a number of diverse technologies, primarily telecommunications but including the Company network (LAN, WAN, Wireless), server, data storage and infrastructure.
Working as a senior member of a team they are responsible for the specialist technical support of a cost-effective, risk-controlled, robust, reliable, responsive and secure infrastructure across a wide-range of business aligned critical services.
• Plan and lead on complex IM&T projects, focusing on Telecommunications and Networks. Duties include scheduling tasks, milestones and liaising with clients, ICT management and third parties, ensuring that target dates are met
• Take control of telecommunications costs, regularly ensuring actual usage is reflected in invoicing from third party suppliers including BT Featurenet and Mobile service suppliers.
• Provide leadership in Telecommunications areas, acting as primary technical resource for Meridian CS1000 PBX.
• Act as primary technical resource for Video Conferencing solutions.
• Be familiar with the configuration of BT Featurenet 1000 and 5000 services.
• Assume overall responsibility for service monitoring and capacity planning of Telecommunications, producing monthly activity reports.
• Manage relationships with third party suppliers ensuring SLA targets are adhered to.
Technical Support Specialist
• Degree or equivalent experience
• Post holder is expected to hold a professional qualification or possess similar experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with personnel at all levels, within all disciplines of the Company.
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to plan and complete projects.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Sound and up to date IT skills
• Good client facing skills
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal, time and task management skills.
• Ability to work productively with staff at all levels.
• Ability to manage own workload, work with minimal supervision, be highly motivated, enthusiastic and pro-active.
• Knowledge and experience in the use and configuration of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
• Active Directory administration, configuration and maintenance skills.
• Data backup experience, particularly administering Veritas Backup Exec.
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of Network printing.
• 3 years’ experience of administering, supporting and configuring the Meridian CS1000 switch.
• Proven track record of managing telecommunications’ service costs.
• Minimum 4 years experience including 12 months in general 3rd line IT Telecommunications support role.
• Experience of managing BT Featurenet, including billing, services, and outages
• Strong Technical Experience In Networking
• Specialist knowledge of a range of systems covering procedures, and troubleshooting, acquired through both theoretical and practical knowledge.
• In depth knowledge of computer system(s), hardware and software and networking acquired through diploma or equivalent experience/qualification
• Advanced knowledge/expertise in multiple departmental/infrastructure systems acquired through experience or qualification
• Act as the primary resource to develop future strategies to ensure the Company keeps up with modern Telecommunications methods, whilst ensuring continuous improvements in cost of ownership.
• Ensure all configurations are fully documented, and that this is available to Company and Third Party staff as required.
• Ensure all configurations are regularly backed up, that these backups are documented and that restore processes are fully documented and tested.
• Act as a member of the network support group.
• Ensure maximum availability of Company telecommunication services, through implementation of hardware and software upgrades/fixes, including application/OS upgrades, service packs, patches, server rebuilds
• Provide users with solutions to complex/urgent service delivery issues and subsequently feedback to management
• Liaising with clients and third party suppliers when managing planned work and service outages so as to cause minimum disruption to the users and to ensure that issues are managed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Provide training and skills transfer to other members of the department and users, both on a one-to-one and group basis.
• Achieve agreed goals and objectives, and be competent to work largely unsupervised in areas of responsibility.
• To assist and advise other Infrastructure support staff including the mentoring and induction of new members of staff within the department, providing 3rd line support and escalation point for junior staff.
• Assist in the production, implementation and enforcement of policies, processes and procedures covering the entire IT Service lifecycle
(including: evaluation, procurement, implementation, test, release, review, decommissioning, retirement).
• Aid senior staff with disaster recovery/business continuity planning and testing
• Utilise previous experiences to help improve the level of service provided by ICT to its users.
• To participate in the provision of a paid out of hours on-call service, if required.
• The post holder needs to be able to quickly and effectively receive and communicate complex and/or complicated issues in a manner that is easily understood by a wide range of clinical and non clinical users, third party companies and/or other members of the department.
• Assist with the recruitment of both permanent and contract staff, covering the whole recruitment process.
• Allocate, supervise and monitor work of external contractors and junior members of the team.
• Regularly update the call management system (within the operational level agreement specified), sharing information with team members.
• Creating/modifying and deleting user accounts and modifying access levels to systems
• Comply with the Company’s Security and Corporate Policies.