Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Technology Controller Audio Music Job Description
• Owns the strategic relationship with the Audio and Music division, drives technology innovation and the development of their technology strategy
• Be the Audio and Music Division’s expert and key adviser on all technology matters, bringing the most up to date and tested thinking to the table ensuring that technology is used as a driver for change and innovation
• Work with delivery teams to ensure prioritisation of staff and portfolio / capital budgets to meet the needs of the Audio and Music Division
1. Accountable to the CTO for client divisions adherence to Technology Strategy
2. Responsible for creating, aligning and agreeing broadcast and enterprise technology strategy for the client division(s); building strong relationships with key stakeholders in client group(s) and helping them understand what technology can do for them – the art of the possible
3. Working within the Technology Portfolio framework, influencing how the broadcast and enterprise technology capital is spent to best support client division(s)
4. In partnership with Controller, Technology Operations, responsible for ensuring broadcast and enterprise technology service delivery is matched to the business requirements of client division(s)
5. Working with colleagues to ensure roadmap alignment to client division(s) requirements and that supplier contracts support delivery in client division(s).
6. Work collaboratively with other Technology Controllers to actively drive change that takes advantage of new technologies to use as a catalyst for change and innovation
7. Work closely with colleagues to ensure that there is a joint strategy for all broadcast and business systems and that key developments in that area satisfy broadcast standards (where appropriate)
8. Lead and manage a small team of direct reports with overall responsibility for staff development, performance management and the communication
9. Act as key client divisional sponsor for work by the delivery teams in Technology, Distribution and Archive , notably research and development work undertaken on behalf of the division
SCOPE OF ROLE – KEY METRICS
Leadership Team: Member of the Technology, Distribution and Archive division Leadership team with key accountability for the delivery of innovation and technology strategy across the company; Member of relevant divisional board(s) and/or Project Steering Groups
Direct reports: a team of Heads of Technology – team size of between 2 – 4 which is dependent on divisional clusters; leads and manages team with overall responsibility for development, performance management and communication; Heads of Technology also carry Technology Portfolio Cluster responsibilities
Indirect: Professional development and feedback to Heads of Technology working to other Technology Controllers; Projects teams assigned to work activity within client divisions ensuring regular feedback on Project team delivery, professionalism and skills is garnered and shared with Head of Projects
Recruitment: Responsible for recruitment process, selection decision and engagement of Head of Technology role. On invitation from colleagues, recruitment selection involvement with other teams across the group
• Strong technology background ideally in both broadcast and IT technologies. Knowledge of radio production and broadcast technologies would be an advantage
• Proven expert in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, but specifically at senior executive levels;
• Demonstrable experience of working effectively within collaborative team structures, ideally in a technology based business environment;
• Capacity to rapidly understand business strategy and objectives and to identify and prioritise systems and technology opportunities;
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the company and externally;
• Experience of implementing new initiatives or driving through process change and new ways of working;
• Experience of managing and leading major change;
• Up-to-date knowledge of all areas of new digital production technologies, and in particular multi-platform digital technology, which will affect production of output in the future;
• Knowledge of the editorial aims and policies of the company and client divisions and ability to translate these into supporting resource and technology strategies;
• Ability to bring about agreements in complex, multi-dimensional negotiations which are satisfactory to all parties;
• Knowledge and practical experience of broadcasting;
• Experience of managing budgets and effective financial control;
Engagement of Specialist Contractors: Occasional engagement of specialist contractors or freelance technology consultants. This may be in conjunction with Technology Controller Development & Delivery
Budget: Direct control over payroll and training budget for team and a discretionary capital fund for the divisision. Indirect control over centralised BBC Capital budget held within Technology.
Technology Portfolio: Responsible for influencing the commissioning of a range of capital projects spend which could be up to multi-million pound investment cases
3rd Party Relationships: In conjunction with Supplier Management colleagues, develop, grow and manage relevant relationships with external partners/suppliers to best support the business and to represent the division’s interests in these dealings