Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Assist the PbR and Cost Accountant and Management Accountant (SLA’s) in the performance of their duties
Trainee Management Accountant job description
a) To co-ordinate the annual reference cost exercise and ensure that the project is structured in a format that will ensure the information can be used throughout the year in order to; assess financial performance, aid comparative benchmarking exercises and financial modelling.
b) To co-ordinate the monthly information requirements of the section to be used for understanding use of resources.
c) Provide management accountants/directorates with relevant benchmarking data by using internal data and trends as well as external data.
d) Review the effectiveness of the current costing process and system.
• Assist in the development of financial systems.
a) Comparisons of local tariff against national tariff.
b) Costing and preparation of reports in respect of the potential financial impact of; changes in demand, changes in how activity is recorded or carried out.
a) Record details of all contract variations including the amendments to (where appropriate) baseline activity and contract price. This will also include details of the budgets issued linked to the appropriate reserve.
b) A statement of the current contract position during the financial year which will be updated on a monthly basis, this document will provide the monitoring information for the Deputy Director of Finance (Management Accounts).
c) On an annual basis review price charges to ensure full cost recovery plus agreed margin.
d) With financial accounts ensure directorates are fully aware of the need to inform Finance of all expenditure incurred in respect of their services.
PbR and Cost Work
• To assist the PbR and Cost Accountant in the following:
To co-ordinate the enhancement of the directorates financial reports by improving the current links with activity systems, utilising available benchmarking data and reviewing the existing costing system.
• Income Monitoring and Costing
a) Provide monitoring reports on all Category C type income.
b) Prepare unit prices for patients activity not covered from PCT’s e.g. private patients.
• Assist in the development of other financial systems.
• Any other duties as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of 1 year’s proven work experience in an accounting environment. This experience should have been obtained in the last 3 years.
• Holds a relevant degree of 2.2 or above and/or at least 2 A Levels grade C or above with at least one relevant subject. Relevant degrees include; Accounting, Business and Finance, Information Technology with Accounting. Relevant A Levels include; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Accounting.
• A high standard in how work is presented.
• Must show attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• The ability to provide information that is clear, relevant and concise.
The postholder should be:-
• Innovative with strong problem solving and fact finding skills.
• Able to prioritise own workload to achieve deadlines
• Able to work well as part of a team
• Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.