Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
You will be accountable for running the training co-ordination operation which supports delivery as well as the key interface framework between company Training and Development and its clients. You will be responsible for ensuring continuous business improvement in the way we deliver a world class service with the aim of increasing both individual and organisational capability.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
* - Working to the Head Ops, Schemes and Comms to be responsible for delivering an excellent training co-ordination service delivery to our customers, both company and external market
* - To lead and manage a large training co-ordination team
* - To be accountable for driving the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) framework on behalf of T&D, whereby the department connects with other divisions across the company
* - To drive the demand planning process across the department
* - To work with colleagues to develop processes and appropriate IT systems, to support the technology strategy
* - To deliver a premier customer focused service incorporating sophisticated business planning and effective facility utilisation
Training Manager job description [cont]
Liase with all departments and identify methods of improving/implementing training in line with the quality procedure in order to offer staff clear career goals and criteria for achievement<
To liase with staff on business ethics and welfare policies as required
To ensure that the payroll requirements are met in a timely fashion and adhere to government guidelines such as the Inland Revenue
To develop a highly motivated and committed team with the appropriate skills required in order ensuring that the department meets its aims and objectives
To conduct company exit interviews
To monitor and review absence processes
To improve and maintain Health and Safety standards throughout the company by assisting the Health and Safety officer
Plan, develop and implement strategy for organisational development (covering particular areas relevant to the organisation's structure, market etc)
To work with HR colleagues to standardising, implementing and advise on HR Policies across European operations
To work as part of the wider HR g roup, attend weekly conference calls, and liasing with other UK companies to identify ways to share services / good practice
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* - Experience of leading and managing large teams
* - Proven operational management skills
* - Experience of managing substantial budgets
* - Excellent communication skills adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the situation
* - Good analytical skills and the ability to make sound judgements based on information available
* - Proven influencing skills at a senior level
* - Proven negotiating skills
* - A detailed understanding of budgets and knowledge of company financial systems
* - A detailed understanding of IT systems and business applications
* - Knowledge of training and development
* - A knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues would be an advantage
Training Manager job description [cont]
1. Planning and organising - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
2. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
3. Communication - able to get message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
4. Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
5. Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
6. Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
7. Managing performance - sets challenging team and individual objectives and trusts people to get on with them, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly, treats team members with honesty, respect and compassion.
8. Collaborating across boundaries -challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, connects people, ideas, processes and issues, sets an example by sharing resources, knowledge ideas and skills across the organisation, builds helpful, productive relationships across the organisation.
9. Maximising business effectiveness -provides the best value by sharing our resources across the company, looks for value for money for licence payers, sets realistic budgets and manages them effectively, considers the business implications of decisions, avoids waste and challenges under use of resources.
Training Manager job description
* - To provide a customer focused service which is responsive, flexible and cost effective
* - To represent company T&D on customer issues, including attending training forums and client meetings
* - To manage the facilities and the training co-ordination teams and have overall accountability for their output and quality of service
* - To drive the demand planning process and ensure effective scheduling
* - To drive the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) framework on behalf of T&D, whereby the department connects with other divisions across the company
* - To manage a substantial budget which will include monitoring financial performance and identifying risk
* - To work closely with training managers and Heads to identify pressure points and implement solutions
* - To ensure the training co-ordination teams have a detailed knowledge of the business in order to provide a professional service to customers
* - To provide timely and relevant reports and analysis of key trends for managers as required
* - To work with colleagues to ensure the appropriate IT systems,and processes are in place to support planning, workflow, delivery and monitoring
* - To contribute to technology strategy by identifying improvements needed to deliver optimum resource utilisation and integrity of data within all T&D operational systems
* - To be responsible in conjunction with the training managers for the department preferred suppliers list ensuring it is current and meets the business needs
* - To negotiate best deals for resources eg accommodation, venues, trainers, etc
* - To ensure T&D has the appropriate processes in place for key regulatory activities such as compliance
* - To work with Internal Audit to ensure delivery of accurate and appropriate data and process information
* - To be responsible for the application of best practice in all company T&D administration systems and processes and to ensure they are compliant with corporate and legal guidelines
* - To understand the full extent of the financial and/or purchasing authority vested in the post, and to ensure that this is exercised in accordance with directorate and corporate financial arrangements
* - To comply with all relevant company safety rules, procedures and guidelines. To be aware of responsibilities under the company safety policy
* - To comply with the company policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role