Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Ward Clerk job description
1. To provide administrative and clerical support to the ward or clinic based clinical staff.
2. Provide reception duties, greeting patients and relatives and deals with queries
3. Responsibility for ensuring that patient activity is recorded accurately and timely using patient information system.
1. Work as a member of the ward administrative team to facilitate and prioritise all aspects of ward/clinics administration.
2. Provide a receptionist service for the ward/clinic, liaising with patients, visitors and medical staff appropriately and passing their queries on to an appropriate clinician when required.
3. To undertake administrative duties for ward or clinic staff including the management of confidential waste; ensuring that all office equipment is in working order. Collect and distribute mail; fax and photocopy patient related information as required.
4. Organise and book transport for patients using the correct channels to ensure no discharge delays due to transport unavailability.
5. Report faults and defects through the appropriate channels for repair.
6. Maintain stock control as required including stock requests and receipt non-stock items on SBS; and provide full assistance to other staff in fulfilling this function as required.
7. Take particular customer service care in resolving problems relating to patient records, dealing with external departments in locating missing case notes, investigating discrepancies between beds and number of patients, and in direct dealings with the departments customers/clients.
8. Enter patient details on patient information systems, ensuring accurate information is available in a timely manner.
9. Ensure that information is prepared in case notes for the outpatient clinics and external areas
10. Be proficient, accurate and timely in processing data and information onto computerized systems.
11. Take an active part in all ward/clinic based meetings and discussion in relation to policy input and department procedures, ensuring all changes are read, understood and implemented.
12. Provide induction training support to all new staff as and when required by your line manager.
13. Take responsibility for recording patient details preparing statistics on data required for analysis such as daily patient movement and discharges.
14. Take personal responsibility for your own professional development and training; ensuring all personal development and mandatory training is completed annually.
Job Holders are required to:
1. Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff development and training.
2. Always keep requirements in mind and seek out to improve, including achieving customer service performance targets.
3. Adhere to Trust policies and procedures, e.g. Health and Safety at Work, Equal Opportunities, and No Smoking.
4. Act in such a way that at all times the health and well being of children and vulnerable adults is safeguarded. Familiarisation with and adherence to the Safeguarding Policies of the Trust is an essential requirement for all employees. In addition all staff are expected to complete essential/mandatory training in this area.
5. Respect the confidentiality of all matters that they may learn relating to their employment and other members of staff. All staff are expected to respect the requirements of the Data Protection.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Standard keyboard skills
• Ability to achieve high levels of accuracy ensuring deadlines are met.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skill.
• Able to deal/liaise with staff at all levels.
• Able to prioritise and plan workload.
• Confidentiality and discretion.
• Able to work independently and recognise the importance of teamwork.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Skill in organising resources and establishing personal priorities.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement goals
• Strong customer service skills.
• An understanding of the political sensitivities of the Trust
• Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and trustworthiness.
• A willingness to be flexible and part of a team.
• Ability to juggle many priorities at one time, whilst remaining calm
• Self motivated
• Flexibility and adaptability