Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Contribute to the effective management, regulation and development of navigation and recreation activities on and around the river through office based work, site visits and river patrols. Assist the Operations Manager and Team leaders in their work to ensure and efficiently managed and regulated navigation.
In emergency, to assist Waterway Officers with their work managing water levels, lock passage and lock sites.
1. Contribute to the delivery of the departmental business plan, providing professional / technical expertise to support operational priorities and company policy.
2. Guide, advise and support team members to resolve local issues and incidents, ensuring that decisions are made on sound technical grounds and in line with best practice and timeframes.
3. Monitor progress of work, identify gaps in the delivery of priorities and take remedial action to enhance the service and recommend appropriate reallocation of time and effort.
4. Produce required documentation and reports to agreed quality standards to support operational work, management decisions, public enquiries, court prosecutions and appeals etc, so that information, evidence and company interests are accurately and effectively presented.
5. Contribute to the successful implementation of emergency plans, and ensure effective, timely and safe response to emergency incidents.
6. Participate in local projects and working groups to achieve well planned and managed integrated solutions that progress effective change and improvement in the organisation and support the best environmental outcomes.
7. Develop and maintain a strong customer focus to ensure effective relationship building and partnership working to achieve environmental goals.
Waterway Technical Officer job description
8. Encourage and develop a safety conscious culture within the team to deliver work programmes without risk to the health & safety of self, the team or any other individual.
9. Liaising with stakeholders and customers, including attendance at meetings, and promoting recreational activity and use
10. Such other duties commensurate with the role that may from time to time be prescribed by management
Relevant vocational training in a related discipline.
Developing (Associate/Part Qualified)
Several years experience
Waterway Technical Officer