Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Web Developer Job Description
• To contribute to design and build of all front-end web app components.
• To be responsible for quality of markup.
• To contribute to reusable libraries.
• Interact with SOAs with a particular appreciation of REST interfaces.
• To liaise with the Product Manager and Technical Architect to ensure that all technical possibilities are explored and that products achieve the best possible look, feel and functionality.
• To work with designers, software engineers and QA to ensure that interactive elements of designs work.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrable understanding of Design Patterns.
• A good understanding of W3C standards
• Experience of commercial web development processes
• Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
• An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate client business requirements into technical solutions
• Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Informed opinions on web application security.
• An exposure to the COMPANY's development platform.
• Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. SVN) and bug tracking tools (e.g. Trac)
• Experience in project management and/or project-based working, including an understanding of Agile development techniques and test-driven development
• Knowledge of user experience design and information architecture principles and techniques
• Knowledge of COMPANY output and the potential for interactive technologies to enhance the COMPANY offering.
The company committed to web standards and accessibility. A web developer is expected to converse authoritatively on these subjects and demonstrate considered opinion. Participation in the wider community through, perhaps, contributions to conferences or open source projects is highly regarded.
• To work with all relevant parties on the management and deployment of code.
• To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all COMPANY online output.
• To advise senior colleagues on the required resources and time-scales associated with the development and delivery of project work.
Web Developer Job Description [cont]
• To monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the Technical Project Manager on a regular basis.
• To keep abreast of new developments in appropriate technologies, sharing information, ideas and best practice with the technical team.
• To document all coding work undertaken.
• To work to the COMPANY’s policy on Health and Safety