Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
An experienced, professional and enthusiastic Web Developer and PHP specialist responsible for delivering the next-generation website and other online services.
• World-class hands-on dev skills and proven industry experience in:
o MVC frameworks, especially Zend.
o Cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
o XML based data sources, JSON etc.
• Knowledge and commercial experience of accessibility, usability and cross-browser issues.
• An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate client business requirements into technical solutions.
• Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales.
• Experience of commercial web development processes.
• Well-developed analytical and investigative skills.
• A good understanding of open standards & protocols.
• Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
• A good understanding of W3C standards.
• Experience in project management and/or project-based working, including an understanding of Agile development techniques and test-driven development.
• Knowledge of user experience design and information architecture principles and techniques.
• Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. SVN) and bug tracking tools (e.g. Trac).
• Contribute to design and build of all front-end components (presentation, templating, controller, client-side behaviour, integration to data services etc)
• To write complex code using semantic X/HTML, CSS and other equivalent client side technologies to create content production templates or other interactive elements.
• To template code sections using PHP, XSSI, Template Toolkit or similar technologies.
Web Developer free Job Description
• To liaise with the product manager to ensure that all technical possibilities are explored and that products achieve the best possible look, feel and functionality.
• Liaise with designers and software engineers throughout the project phase to produce working designs.
• To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all online output.
• To create and manipulate basic graphics for incorporation into interactive output.
• To document all coding work undertaken.
• To advise senior colleagues on the required resources and time-scales associated with the development and delivery of project work.
• To monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the Senior Client Side Developer on a regular basis.
• Further information, ideas and best practice with other technical teams in the company and the wider development community.
• Assist with the development of relevant standards and guidelines.