Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Web Master Job Description
1. Creating and maintaining www.the organisation.com and the intranet site.
2. To ensure the websites support the business, marketing and internal communications strategies and accurately reflects the company brand proposition.
• Creating content for www.the organisation.com and the intranet site, consulting with the Head of Communications.
• Identifying technical faults and issues with www.the organisation.com and the intranet site, and in conjunction with other suppliers recommend appropriate solutions.
• Point-of-contact for www.the organisations.com and the intranet site, co-ordinating contact between editorial, design and hosting providers.
• Working with the Head of Communications to create and compile and monitor company-wide e-newsletter for staff and stakeholders.
•Supporting the Marketing and Customer Experience team by designing and producing marketing and internal communications collateral. Channels will include branding, signage, advertising and internal/external communications.
•Monitoring www.the organisation.com and intranet use and circulating relevant statistics amongst the Marketing and Customer Experience team.
•Working with Marketing Manager to create, compile, distribute and monitor customer e-newsletter.
• Building effective working relationships with teams across the company to support website and intranet site work, coordinating additional effort from the different businesses where necessary.
• Supporting the company’s social media strategy.
• Liaising with the larger organisation intranet community and represent the company at Webmaster meetings, reporting any relevant developments to the Head of Communications.
• Building effective working relationships with relevant suppliers, including third party agencies.
• Managing the company online image library and commissioning photography for the website where appropriate.
• Working with the Head of Communications and Business Systems team to explore options for a new intranet system and playing a lead role in its implementation.
• Actively maintaining own knowledge of relevant technical developments.
• Relevant experience of supporting, managing and building websites and using a content management system.
• Detailed knowledge of HTML, other web standards (e.g. CSS) and related editing/manipulation packages (e.g. FrontPage, Dreamweaver)
• Experience of using image manipulation software such as Adobe PhotoShop and familiarity with Adobe Illustrator design package would be an advantage.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• An understanding of the broadcast industry would be an advantage.
• Effective personal and interpersonal skills to operate within a fast-moving, complex organisational structure with teams from across the business.
• Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, including the ability to communicate technical issues in a non-technical way.
• Knowledge of working with and implementing company or organisation online guidelines.
• Enthusiasm for web based technologies and understanding of their potential and limitations.
• Experience of working within a complex organisation would be advantageous.
3.Designing and producing marketing and communications collateral –including microsites, posters and e-flyers.