Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To provide operational support and management of technology applications and services hosted internally and externally.
For ensuring operational support, availability and optimal configuration of hosted applications, services and systems.
Support includes change and process management of software application releases for systems developed by development teams, administration and management of hosted environments and installation, patching, upgrades & maintenance for software products
• Ensure all database backup and recovery processes adhere to Standards;
• Provision of pro-active system monitoring and appropriate fault resolution;
• Ensure system support, maintenance and change is carried out in line with agreed Technology standards and protocols;
• Ensure system availability, particularly during business critical timeframes, operates within agreed Service Level Agreements;
• Ensure appropriate levels of systems documentation are maintained;
• Liaise with 3rd party hosting and development partners and software vendors for product management and issue resolution;
• Responsible for governing access to and ensuring operational availability of production and UAT database application hosting environments and services;
• Ensure an appropriate response to issues impacting production database services;
• The role requires occasional out of hours working and an on call rota for critical issues;
• Along with other members of the team, administration and maintenance of application hosting environments and developer desktop based on varying technology stacks including Oracle, LAMP, Wintel, SQL Server, BizTalk, Linux, Java, Tomcat, Apache will be required.
Web Operations Specialist
• Substantial experience with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 Databases, DTS/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS and clustered/mirrored SQL environments. Database migration experience desirable;
• Operational experience of BizTalk Administration desirable.
• Excellent attention to detail, diligence & professionalism necessary for an operational technology support role;
• Highly structured approach to fault diagnosis and resolution;
• Adherence to best practice change and release management procedures; experience of working with the ITIL framework;
• Experience of working within a highly organised and structured technology environment;
• Excellent written & verbal communication plus presentation skills;
• Competent at multi-tasking, prioritisation and ability to manage own time;
• Excellent customer-facing skills;
• Experience in a media organisation is desirable;
• Ability to work across conflicting priorities while continuing to manage customer expectations;
• Experienced in working on operational issues and maintenance, as required, as well as having the ability to function - and be matrix managed where required - as part of a project delivery team;
• Responsibility for ensuring application system releases are managed to agreed change and release management procedures and working with relevant technology teams to ensure a well managed and structured release process;
• Troubleshooting, performance tuning and optimisation of Database Technologies;
• Delivery and support of robust and efficient database systems;
• Enhancing the database architecture, security, index optimization, capacity management in order to handle anticipated website traffic/database growth
• Maintenance of server based database application layers;