Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
1. Operations – responsible for the smooth operation of all distribution channels, including web applications
2. Service – responsible for service delivery and ensuring customer expectations met
3. Platform – responsible for architecture, technical design and software engineering functions that ensure the various platforms (web, mobile, etc) remain current and effective.
To be responsible for the system administration functions of platforms.
• To maintain environments relating to the online services. This will include development, stage and production systems across all data centres.
• To administer a range of platforms that comprise largely of industry standard components. This includes web servers, networking and databases.
• To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed.
Free Job Description Web Server Administrator
• Experience and commercial exposure to web-based distribution and streaming. This includes understanding the factors that affect download speeds.
• Experience of building and maintaining Internet platforms, particularly system administration, with a focus on automation, consistency
• Experience of building and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Apache and Tomcat environments.
• Experience in programming with scripting languages e.g. unix shell or Perl
• Good understanding of security issues on Internet facing web infrastructures
• Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge of three or more of the following:
o Knowledge of building highly scalable systems,
o Experience of running Zeus ZXTM traffic management devices
o Knowledge of DNS and related protocols
o Experience of using administrative build tools, ideally Puppet or an equivalent configuration management toolset
o Knowledge of Tomcat, Maven and Hudson software tools
o Implementation of monitoring tools, ideally Zenoss, Nagios and Cacti
o Experience of virtualisation, particularly using Zen
o Apache configuration and management, ideally large scale deployments
o Experience of security issues, and related testing such as penetration, black box, fuzzing etc.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in a support or customer facing role.
• Ideally be able to demonstrate knowledge in two or more of the following:
o Use of Open source products to help maintain systems.
o Knowledge of other application servers such as JBoss, Resin or Weblogic
o Some experience of networking technologies
o Some experience of DNS, particularly in relation to load balancing
o Some knowledge of database administration, ideally related to MySQL
• A proactive contribution to the ongoing maintenance of the physical and logical infrastructure in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience, and performance.
• To build and configure infrastructure hardware.
• To build server software using appropriate tools
• To ensure that systems are documented and kept current.
• To undertake administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
• To support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
• To participate in the 2nd line on-call support to the 24/7 team