Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
An expert web developer, you will lead others to build impressively engineered applications that supports the ORGANISATION’s output on IP platforms.
As a Principal Web Developer you will play a key role in influencing the technical direction of personalisation and social features across the ORGANISATION.
• A good understanding of W3C standards, accessibility and cross-browser issues
• Experience of working with version control (e.g. SVN) and project management tools (e.g. Jira).
• Experience of setting technical direction for high-profile, complex projects, and provide technical leadership
• Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own (including open-source)
• Experience of agile development methods (eg. Scrum)
• A good understanding of a range of automated testing techniques
• Experience in BDD and TDD
• Extensive negotiation and managing expectation skills.
• Well-developed analytical and investigative skills.
• Self-motivated with good organisational skills in order to work to challenging deadlines.
• Experience of translating business and editorial views into project requirements.
• Good knowledge of Java, Spring, Hibernate
• Experience of line-managing technical staff
• Knowledge of user experience design and information architecture principles and techniques
Website Developer job description
• Understand functional and non-functional requirements and design, build, test, document and maintain front-end software to meet those goals. Identify areas of risk and suggest mitigations.
• Provide expertise in internet technologies to your team and the rest of the ORGANISATION.
• Identify new technologies and manage their introduction into the ORGANISATION.
AIMS OF THE JOB
The Website Developer will set technical direction for the Personalisation & Social Platform team. You will build and maintain well-engineered front-end code. You will work with other Seniors to provide technical leadership and foster innovation. If required the Principal will line manage a small number of engineers within the Personalisation & Social Platform team.
• Ensure developers within your team follow effective and current working practices, and advise on process improvement.
• Identify opportunities and build relationships within the department, across the ORGANISATION and with external partners.
• Mentor other staff on technology, best practice, and ORGANISATION standards and guidelines.
• Negotiate project specification with stakeholders.
• Plan the allocation of team resources based on project’s needs.
• Delegate effectively through the development team.
• Recruit and line manage technical staff, if required.
• Appraise staff, providing constructive feedback and setting objectives, if required.
• Oversee the professional and personal development of junior team members, if required.
• Ensure quality of work meets ORGANISATION standards and guidelines.
• To work to the ORGANISATION’s policy on Health and Safety.